DAW crashing

Started by RobB-fgn, May 05, 2013, 12:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobB-fgn

Having a great time with this but now that I've played around for quite a while in standalone mode I started using it as a plugin in Studio One and the problems begin.

I have Studio One pro  the latest version and it starts working okay but as soon as I try to either load a patch that contains a Sampletank setting, or try to open Sampletank, SO crashes completely.  If I just use Kontact stuff is goes okay for a while, but then crashes.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks Rob

shawnb-fgn

Fishman support is terrific, I'd open a ticket asap.   

I'm curious, are you using Synth1 only or Synths2-4?

I initially had issues with multiple synths, & using 2-4, and have been avoiding them.   Fishman support has recently told me there are no reported issues with synths 2-4, and have asked me to reproduce.   

Haven't gotten to it yet, but plan to. 
Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp

Zummooz-fgn

Quote from:  shawnb on May 05, 2013, 11:30:35 AM
I'm curious, are you using Synth1 only or Synths2-4?

I initially had issues with multiple synths, & using 2-4, and have been avoiding them.   

Fishman support has recently told me there are no reported issues with synths 2-4, and have asked me to reproduce.   

I don't use Sonar or the Studio One DAW's
But .....
NO problem here in stand alone mode or using in Logic with synth 2, 3 or 4.
Loaded (example) Sample tank, then Absynth 5 then FM8, then Massive.
Split the fretboard up and away we went.   ;D

Strange things are crashing for you on something they tested it with ....

I'd make sure  ...
*Get the latest updates
*Open each VST'i in stand alone mode 1st, BEFORE opening inside a DAW.
(may need to scan / search inside of the VST's for sounds etc)
*Your not running synths etc in trail mode ie: they are registered for full use.
*Turn OFF all other crap (apps) etc your not using for music.

Other than that .... got no idea why Studio One is crashing.
Or
Why on earth shawnb can't use other synth channels in the FTP App.

>>> Please keep us updated on both your issues  <<<

Darn it !!
I keep forgetting to turn the bloody thing off, after using it.  :P  .................................................. Good thing for the long lasting battery.   :)
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

RobB-fgn

Thanks for replies guys,
I've emailed Fishman, no reply as yet.

I have no problem with the different synth slots.  They all work fine as long as I don't try and load Sampletank into any of them while using as plugin in Studio One.

Sample tank loads no problem in standalone mode.

I have the latest version of everything.  I have Studio One 2.5.1 not the bundled version.

Sampletank also crashes Reaper.

Hopefully Fishman may be able to find something.  I'll keep you updated.

Elantric-fgn

QuoteI have Studio One 2.5.1 not the bundled version.

I understand the FTP "bundled version" of Studio One Artist is unique, with custom code to support the FTP, which only Fishman Support can answer how to implement similar FTP functionality with the Full Presonus Studio One Professional 
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

shawnb-fgn

FYI - I have attempted the various scenarios that used to get FTP and my DAW (SONAR X2) to crash earlier, and it no longer crashes.   No matter how hard I try.  And the Synth2-Synth4 flakiness was probably all me also.   

Now that I understand FTP better, I'm having no issues whatsoever...   Funny how that works...   
Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp