Alternate tunings with Tripleplay?

Started by Germanicus-fgn, April 22, 2013, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germanicus-fgn

Is there any way to store alternate tuning in the Tripleplay patches?

Roland VG99
Pod HD500
JTV69, Variax 600 and 700 Acoustic
Traynor k4

www.steamtheory.com

shawnb-fgn

I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
I don't even know if this is a planned enhancement...
Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp

Germanicus-fgn

This is something which the gr55 does well. It's actually a feature implemented after being requested  of roland.

I don't think this would be difficult to implement within the ftp software.

Its possible to do a workaround for this using a DAW and having 6 different MIDI tracks, one for each string. Each track would then run a MIDI transpose effect. This would mean loading a new DAW song for each different tuning. Not ideal.
Roland VG99
Pod HD500
Traynor k4

www.steamtheory.com

matcad-fgn

You can just edit the tuning for each string within the VI, and then save as a new user patch, correct?

MC

Elantric-fgn

QuoteYou can just edit the tuning for each string within the VI, and then save as a new user patch, correct?

MC

I swore i saw that too - as long as you are using the FTP GUI Control and running either OSX or Win7.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1944.0;attach=1949

I see the user doc for Notion Progression indicates this here:
QuoteThe secondary gear icon to the left of your score opens a window that lets you set preferences for current score. Here you can name your instrument, change the sound, set a transposition, and specify whether you score includes notation, tab, or both. You can even create alternate-tuning tablature by replacing the default string pitches.

I hope Costas or Andras Szalay can answer where in the FTP GUI Control Panel individual String Tuning is set.

I think the original question is:

"Where are these User defined Alt Tunings stored?"

and

"Can they be used with iPAd?"

I contacted Fishman for an answer.

--
EDIT:
http://www.audeonic.com/index.shtml#midibridge
IOS App MIDIBridge by Audionic soluction can act as a real time MIDi event processor

http://www.audeonic.com/mb_mods.shtml
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

Elantric-fgn

Fishman says

QuoteHi Steve,

We don't have global alternative tunings options.

For simple patches, it would be an option to use string splits to create drop D or DADGAD, by creating multiple synths with individual transpositions.  You could arrange user patches into songs, and use the song navigation to navigate between different tunings. 

While I realize this is not ideal for your application, it is one workaround to make this functionality possible for performances with TriplePlay.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

shawnb-fgn

The way SampleTank works is that it loads 6 different channels. 
So you can definitely do alt tunings as long as the synth supports it. 
If you press the little 'Synth' button, you can adjust the pitch for each string/channel independently.
But this is the only way I've found. 

Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp

Germanicus-fgn

I hope they consider adding a patch based alternate tuning setting that doesnt
require running six instanciations of a synth as this is less than ideal (both from a setup perspective
and from a CPU overhead one)

Even better would be a way to save them to the unit itself and change tunings with a combination of s-pad presses.
Roland VG99
Pod HD500
Traynor k4

www.steamtheory.com

cc-fgn

Quote from:  Elantric on April 23, 2013, 11:49:33 AM
I hope Costas or Andras Szalay can answer where in the FTP GUI Control Panel individual String Tuning is set.

This feature doesn't exist at the moment.

If you are using a Kontakt instrument and Gtak you can use Gtak to do this: http://evenharmonic.com/products/gtak5?page=0,14&quicktabs_productinfotabs=2