Newbie with Standard 2010 Limited

Started by GuitarBuilder-fgn, June 04, 2012, 01:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarBuilder-fgn

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you could help me with a few questions:

I just bought a used Gibson Les Paul Standard 2010 Limited; it was abused by the previous owner and I'm in the process of restoring it back to its original glory.  It has many issues, but two of them have me wondering what the answer is and I was hoping you could steer me in the right direction:

1.  There's a nasty buzz in the electronics module on the headstock; it resonates when you play the strings and stops if I push on it with my finger.  Is that unit serviceable?   If not, I assume it is removed just like the one in my original Robot by removing all the Roboheads, right?  This unit is not listed on either Gibson's or Tronical's store pages - can you help me get one?  What is the Tronical price?

2.  When I got the guitar there was no difference in sound for the Chameleon tone presets (green bank).  I went through the process for resetting these to the factory defaults, but still they all sound identical!  The Tone and Piezo settings have no effect.  Is there a way to confirm that the active EQs are working?  I don't have a RIP yet; it's on order.

Thanks for your help!
2005 Brian Moore iGuitar i81.13 Emerald Green (BM iMs + RMC Piezo)

Zummooz-fgn

Hi and welcome.   ;D

Quote from:  GuitarBuilder on June 04, 2012, 01:57:42 PM
1.  There's a nasty buzz in the electronics module on the headstock; it resonates when you play the strings and stops if I push on it with my finger.  Is that unit serviceable?   
It could be the tuner plastic cover rattling, this was mainly a problem on the DarkFires.
Here's a download link to that .... https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=149

Someone else will chime in with other answers.
As I've sold my DF and can't refer to anything else ... sorry 
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

GuitarBuilder-fgn

Thanks, Zummooz!  I suspect I have that same problem.

Does anyone have input on the Chameleon tone issue?  I apologize if this is a known item - I'm new here!
2005 Brian Moore iGuitar i81.13 Emerald Green (BM iMs + RMC Piezo)