Keeping your Strat tremolo in tune

Started by DF400-fgn, October 10, 2011, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DF400-fgn

I was recently watching a video on YouTube, in which Scott Henderson says that the folks at Suhr guitars employ a mod to Strats to keep them in tune. At the risk of stating the obvious with this group of knowledgeable folks, i thought I would share what he revealed in the linked video:

Apparently, the holes on the tremolo are too small from the factory and the simple mod is to drill the holes "two sizes bigger." I have not tried it yet, but sort of makes sense...
He also shares some cool techniques on use of the minor pentatonic scale to boot...

icing777-fgn

I enjoyed that a lot!   Thanks for sharing!
Play on, my friend !!!

photonutalan1-fgn

warmingtone-fgn

Very Nice, Very Beckish... ;D

I've always thought the floating trem stays in tune a little more, rather than drill holes a two point trem, roller nuts and locking tuners all help too. My Kahlers, set up right also stay well in tune with the same provisions...and of course the straight string pull is important...

The pentatonic scale, so versatile...

DF400-fgn

After watching this, and considering that I have had little luck and satisfaction in setting up my tremolo flush on the body, i changed my tremolo setting as shown in this video. I must admit, I have had a lot better results with keeping my Strat in tune.