Line 6 G90 Wireless guitar system

Started by DF400-fgn, September 22, 2010, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DF400-fgn

I just picked up this system. I have integrated it for live use - with my AxeFx. The sound is very good, although I have not yet A/B'd it with a hard cable. My Bass player bought the same system and they work great. I'm not quite used to wandering away from by rig and pedal board, I guess that will take some getting used to. Also, really gives you a good perspective on how your rig sounds and the oter end of the venue.

Anyone else had experiences with wireless, pros and cons?

dirtypurple

I was going to get one, but it doesnt work in stereo, so wouldnt work with my DF.

DF400-fgn

True, no stereo functionality - you would have to get two, which would be way too expensive for the luxury of wireless. I decided to go with it since I recently retired my DF from live performances. I do miss it though, i presently change guitar a minimum of three times per show. My Les Paul, Strat, Godin (synth) and an acoustic were needed to replace the versatility of my DF. I do have a Brian Moore i2:13, which in theory could do all - but none exceptionally well. I have thought about about a GK-3, but it just is too fugly.

dirtypurple

Yes, would be good for changing guitars quickly. I was going to get it for that reason. I still use my DF live - in fact last night I had acoustic and mag from the DF going through my Axe FX for the first time and got lots of comments on how good it sounded. If you listen to Bohemian Like You, you can hear the effect - quite effective live.

Vic1iful-fgn

I take it you can't run both sides at the same time?