Hi from Connecticut

Started by LarryJ, December 28, 2009, 09:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryJ

I've been lurking on the forum for the past month and decided to post on the day my DF arrived (DF-1924).

First, unlike many here I'm relatively new to playing but have been a big fan of blues for many years.
Learning to play has made that passion very satisfying.  My new DF ("Etta J.) will join my 1996 Gibson Lucille ("Lucy").

Although I consider myself a lifelong gadget freak, the information provided in this forum gave me the opportunity to know what I was getting into.  I must say, given the pros and cons I'm very pleased so far (knock on mahogany) with the finish, operation of the MCK, feel of the fret board and tones I have tried so far.

I did break a G string during my initial tuning frenzy, but found that replacement was so much faster than with "Lucy" (a benefit I seldom hear about). I'm very pleased to be a new member and look forward the forum's continued fountain of information.

Best regards,

-Larry

The_Fuzz22

Welcome Larry  :)  congrats on your new DF. Wish you the best of luck with it!
Granted I'm studying English and Philosophy... But this is what I actually DO:
www.reverbnation.com/jonnyvaughan
www.myspace.com/jonnyvaughan
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jonny-Vaughan/49440122683

dirtypurple

Hey, glad you jumped in. Its a great guitar.

LarryJ

Thanks for the welcome.

Its been several days now and I'm loving the DF- especially the tones.  Probably the closest I'll ever get to an L5!

-LarryJ