Best way to post pics

Started by Elantric-fgn, May 25, 2009, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric-fgn

How to post pics

Create a free  account at  www.Photobucket.com

To post large pics here, they need to be uploaded to the web. A lot of guys here use photobucket.com .
Once you get an account and upload your photos, go into your album and you'll see a bunch of links/codes under your thumbnail. The one you're looking for is "IMG Code" followed by a link (see pic below).

All you do is click on this and you'll see a little box that says "Copied" (see pic).

Now in your message, just hit "Paste" wherever you want your photo to appear (like this)...

Good luck. Look forward to seeing some photos.

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

Zipidy-fgn

I noticed that when reading posts as a Guest, the photo attachments can't be seen.

panrixx

Hi Zipidy,

I'm sure MCK and Elantric will give thier view on this but that arrangement is fairly standard practice on other forums I have seen.

har-fgn

It could depend on the settings of your web browser. The pictures are external links, maybe your browser or firewall blocks these links. The quickest test would be to install the firefox browser  http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/  or another browser, to test, if the pictures are visible then.

Zipidy-fgn

Good to know, thanks guys.  Perhaps this is why Elantric posted the detailed How-To above (I simply added them as attachments).  ::)

I've never been good at following instructions, playing well with others etc. I even run with the scissors.

Elantric-fgn

If you post the pics as I describe above - using photobucket - then everyone can see them - including guests

If you post the pics as file attachments - then everyone  - except guests can see them. You must be logged in to see / download all files which are hosted here.

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .