Couple of "new tracks" with the SY

Started by JiveTurkey, September 17, 2021, 06:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiveTurkey

Haven't posted in a bit. Tried to lay off the Boss complaint trip. It's hard sometimes  ;D If you aren't on TGP; these are new to you  ;D

thebrushwithin

Kevin M

JiveTurkey

Quote from: Kevin M on September 17, 2021, 08:12:00 AM
These sound great!
Thank you! Trying to carve out time and work on more!

whippinpost91850

Awesome Tracks. Your writing & playing is magnificent

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on September 17, 2021, 06:11:15 AM
Haven't posted in a bit. Tried to lay off the Boss complaint trip. It's hard sometimes  ;D If you aren't on TGP; these are new to you  ;D

And all this time most assumed you were being paid to be an internet contrairian on every guitar forum;)

JiveTurkey

Quote from: admin on September 17, 2021, 09:57:12 AM
And all this time most assumed you were being paid to be an internet contrairian on every guitar forum;)
Bhahahahahahha

Multitasking, my friend! Multitasking!

CodeSmart

Ahhhh... this is f.cking great! Really mean it! Thumbs up!
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

JiveTurkey

Quote from: CodeSmart on September 17, 2021, 02:16:15 PM
Ahhhh... this is f.cking great! Really mean it! Thumbs up!
Thanks a lot Robert!

roachone

I wasn't sure if you actually played but (just kidding!) ....WOW!!!  Sounds great Jive! 

JiveTurkey

Quote from: roachone on September 17, 2021, 02:59:30 PM
I wasn't sure if you actually played but (just kidding!) ....WOW!!!  Sounds great Jive!
I'm useful once in a while! Thanks!

billbax

I like the slighty AOR 'Ultraviolet' track, and can hear Wishbone guitar parts, and combined snare/china cymbal crashes etc.  Can also hear the track played in Em for extra bass guitar fills/depth, And easy Em guitar parts. Dunno.

Good feel tracks there JiveTurkey.

Bill

gumtown

Very nice !!
Thanks for sharing.  8)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

JiveTurkey

Quote from: billbax on September 17, 2021, 04:04:59 PM
I like the slighty AOR 'Ultraviolet' track, and can hear Wishbone guitar parts, and combined snare/china cymbal crashes etc.  Can also hear the track played in Em for extra bass guitar fills/depth, And easy Em guitar parts. Dunno.

Good feel tracks there JiveTurkey.

Bill
Thanks Bill!

Quote from: gumtown on September 17, 2021, 04:13:21 PM
Very nice !!
Thanks for sharing.  8)
Thanks Gumtown!

HecticArt

JiveTurkey

mchad

Wow. Really good stuff JT. Authentic 80's electro rock vibes for the 21st century. All with guitar synths I imagine? Some awesome sounds.

A lot of work put in there and it shows.

JiveTurkey

Quote from: mchad on September 18, 2021, 03:38:40 PM
Wow. Really good stuff JT. Authentic 80's electro rock vibes for the 21st century. All with guitar synths I imagine? Some awesome sounds.

A lot of work put in there and it shows.
Thanks MChad! Synth beds are soft synths; rest of the synth lines, rhythm guitar and instrument modeling is all SY.

pasha811

Wow. Such a great sound and composition! On the Outlander piece solo guitar is great! I really would like to be able to play like that. Kudos!
Although I can't tell what is the bed synth from the SY ... who cares? That's great music with great sounds. Do you trigger the soft synths via MIDI with your Guitar or using a keyboard?
Let me add that the videos, especially the Outlander's is fantastic. That song boosted my spirit.

Thanks for posting!
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

JiveTurkey

Quote from: pasha811 on September 18, 2021, 11:06:02 PM
Wow. Such a great sound and composition! On the Outlander piece solo guitar is great! I really would like to be able to play like that. Kudos!
Although I can't tell what is the bed synth from the SY ... who cares? That's great music with great sounds. Do you trigger the soft synths via MIDI with your Guitar or using a keyboard?
Let me add that the videos, especially the Outlander's is fantastic. That song boosted my spirit.

Thanks for posting!
Thanks! My collaborator (Michael Xavier) does the bedrock synths, drum programming and lead work. The soft synths are all stuff he does in the DAW with Slate bundle tools. I do the synth lead lines and rhythm guitars all with the SY. He does the audio production/mastering and I do the video stuff.

It's a fun collaboration. He is on the west coast and I'm in the Midwest. It's a ton of fun!

pasha811

Quote from: JiveTurkey on September 19, 2021, 07:33:03 AM
Thanks! My collaborator (Michael Xavier) does the bedrock synths, drum programming and lead work. The soft synths are all stuff he does in the DAW with Slate bundle tools. I do the synth lead lines and rhythm guitars all with the SY. He does the audio production/mastering and I do the video stuff.

It's a fun collaboration. He is on the west coast and I'm in the Midwest. It's a ton of fun!

Even harder! Well done 8)
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Liquidirt

Quote from: JiveTurkey on September 17, 2021, 06:11:15 AM

That's like movie production right there! Freakin Awesome!

JiveTurkey

Quote from: Liquidirt on November 27, 2021, 07:10:18 PM
That's like movie production right there! Freakin Awesome!
Thanks! Slowly working on some new stuff at the moment. Slowly being the operative word  ;D