SY-300 - sitar like / drone patch

Started by guitarnoodle, August 26, 2021, 03:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarnoodle

Ok Im using sysex librarian so. i dont know if this will work.

also, im using a midi foot controller to switch the patches, so this sy300 patch will have control 2 and 3 not used as up and down, but rather as other control switches, and 2 and 3 are active. control 1 is for hold, which applies to osc 2, a filtered pwm [the drone]. osc 1 and osc 3 are input guitar waveforms , each with different filters and high resonant inactive-lfo flangers.

if this doesnt send then i can just describe parameters if it comes to that. there is a delay/reverb later in the chain thats inactive, and could be made active along with the hold [using control 1], for more fullness, maybe.

if it works great! if not im sorry, this is my first attempt w/sysex librarian on the sy300. [lmk if it works.]

loopman

Thanks for sharing it, I'm very curious to try it, it's just the kind of sound I'm looking for..
But you have to convert the patch you made into a file format that can be used by Boss Tone Studio for the SY-300: the .Tsl format, the Tone Studio cannot read the sysex file extension
I recommend you to use the Tone studio to save and export in .Tsl format the patch you created on the SY-300.

guitarnoodle

One and a half years later... sorry I've been very inactive here for a while.  I had no luck getting the tone studio to save then export the file,  otherwise I would have sent it already. 

I'll try again in a bit. The tone studio works but I always have no luck with creating exports in there. I basically just get this loading screen that doesn't change.

I have several other presets I'd love to share if I could just get the darned software to export my sounds.

udarnick

I could try to get this file exported.  One issue I am finding is that I don't get the tone studio to receive the file from sysex.  How does that happen?

gumtown

not a very useful way to share files, you could use a system excluse midi program like Bomes SendSx to send the patch data to your SY-300,
 but the sysx file has the patch number it originated from hard coded into the file, and will only load into the (unknown) User patch address the file has within.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/