Boss Eurus GS-1 / Guitar with built-in synth!

Started by Matteo Barducci, July 15, 2021, 12:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matteo Barducci

WHAT??!?

--

---> Matteo Barducci

Mark Haydon

BOSS EURUS GS-1 Electronic Guitar

A Bold New Voice for Sound Innovators
Every guitarist is on a highly personal tone journey, continually honing their skills and searching for the perfect gear combination to unleash their full potential. The EURUS concept presents a bold new creative path for adventurous sonic explorers, expanding the traditional guitar experience with powerful and expressive BOSS technologies. Born from this breakthrough approach, the EURUS GS-1 infuses a premium instrument with advanced guitar synthesis techniques refined over more than four decades. Deep, inspiring, and infinitely playable, the EURUS GS-1 will take your musical vision where it's never gone before.

Introduction Movie
EURUS GS-1
Standard Features
Cutting-edge BOSS electronic guitar, crafted in Japan for bold sound innovators
Seamlessly switch between synthesizer and regular guitar sounds
Six onboard memories for storing different synth sounds
Premium playability with 24-fret neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, and offset double-cutaway body design
Two custom-designed pickups and five-way selector switch
Gotoh two-point tremolo bridge and locking machine heads
Independent ¼-inch outputs for synth and regular guitar sounds
Deep editing of synth sounds via dedicated app for iOS and Android devices
Onboard Bluetooth® for connecting with editor app and optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal
USB for system updates via a Mac or Windows computer
Synth engine runs on four AA batteries or optional PSA-series adaptor
High-quality CB-EG10 gig bag included
A Premium Guitar with Unlimited Expressive Power
The EURUS GS-1 fully leverages BOSS's vast expertise in guitar technology to bring endless creative possibilities to your music. This inspiring instrument has all the sound, feel, and detail you'd expect from a pro-quality guitar, coupled with a polyphonic BOSS synth engine that offers a stunning range of analog-flavored sounds to launch your musical expression into a new dimension. And with onboard Bluetooth®, you can customize synth sounds and control multiple performance parameters with the convenience of wireless connectivity.

EURUS GS-1
Electrifying Sound and Feel
The synth engine in the EURUS GS-1 delivers exceptional sonic quality and natural touch response realized through 40-plus years of BOSS guitar synthesizer development. The six onboard memories come filled with ready-to-play sounds, and you have access to many, many more with the GS-1 Editor. There's also a synth control knob that enables a wide range of dynamic expression as you play. Every synth sound offers smooth playability that fully responds to all your guitar techniques, with no latency or triggering issues to disturb your musical flow.

EURUS GS-1
Explore a Universe of Custom Sounds via Bluetooth®
The GS-1 Editor app for iOS and Android mobile devices unlocks deep programming power for the guitar's synth engine. Many different synth types and variations are available for crafting sounds, along with tone, resonance, and other adjustable parameters. You can also assign a range of target parameters to the guitar's synth control knob and save favorite sound combinations on your device for quick loading before performances.

EURUS GS-1
Wireless Performance Control
The optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal brings cable-free external control to the EURUS GS-1 via Bluetooth®. Using the GS-1 Editor, you can assign parameters such as pitch bend, hold, filter depth, and more to the EV-1-WL's pedal, toe switch, and up to two external footswitches. Each sound can contain its own set of assignments, allowing you to perform octave bends on a synth lead, slow filter sweeps on a pad sound, and nearly anything else you can dream up.

EURUS GS-1
Professional Details and Playability
Crafted in Japan with pro-quality details and components, the EURUS GS-1 is truly a pleasure to play. The modern offset body design is stylish and well-balanced, and the slim-profile neck features a compound radius fretboard for playing comfort and 24 frets for extended range. High-performance Gotoh hardware delivers smooth tremolo action and solid tuning stability with a two-point fulcrum bridge and staggered-height locking machine heads. Custom designed for the EURUS GS-1, the two humbucking pickups provide wide-range tone plus split-coil voicing at two stops of the five-way switch.

EURUS GS-1
Seamless Expression
The guitar and synth electronics are fully independent in the EURUS GS-1, allowing you to switch between the two voices seamlessly. Use it as a regular guitar, then instantly transition to the selected synth sound with the flip of a switch. And with the two ¼-inch outputs, you can send the guitar and synth to separate destinations for dedicated processing.

Boss EURUS GS-1
Roland Corporation

SPECIFICATIONS

Guitar specifications
Body Material: Alder
Body Finish: Gloss
Body Color: Black
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Satin
Neck Joint: Bolt-on
Neck Shape: C Shape
Scale Length: 648 mm (25.5 inches)
Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 305--407 mm (12--16 inches) Compound Radius
Number of Frets: 24
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Nut Material: Bone
Nut Width: 42 mm (1.65 inches)
Position Inlays: White Dot
Bridge Pickup: EURUS Humbucker/Bridge
Neck Pickup: EURUS Humbucker/Neck
Bridge: Gotoh 510T-FE1 (37 mm Block)
Tuning Machines: Gotoh SG381-MGT-07-L6
Hardware Color: Chrome
Strings Gauges: .009-.042

Controls
MASTER VOLUME knob
GUITAR TONE knob
5-Way switch
SYNTH CTL knob
SYNTH MEMORY knob (6 types)
MODE switch
Bluetooth button

Indicators
POWER
Bluetooth
Connecters
OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
SYNTH OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
USB COMPUTER port: USB B type
DC IN jack
Nominal Output Level-20 dBu
Output Impedance1 k ohms
Recommended Load Impedance10 k ohms or greater
Power Supply Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
Current Draw105 mA

Expected battery life under continuous use
Alkaline battery: Approx. 9 hours
*These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.)

Accessories
Owner's Manual
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Tremolo arm
Allen wrench
Gig bag

Options (sold separately)
AC adaptor: PSA series
Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal: EV-1-WL

* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms*The specifications are subject to change without notice.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/eurus_gs-1/

https://www.boss.info/global/products/ev-1-wl

Matteo Barducci

I think it has piezo sensors, just like the Variax.
--

---> Matteo Barducci

BROCKSTAR

I don't understand why they didn't put a gk-13 pin system to let people use it with their existing 13-pin stuff.... very odd to leave that out.

Rolloq

I don't understand why they didn't put a gk-13 pin system to let people use it with their existing 13-pin stuff.... very odd to leave that out.

Could be that Boss think its cheaper without Gk-13 or they will release a new guitar synthesizer with Eurus GS-1 later.
Rolloq

Matteo Barducci

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on July 15, 2021, 04:54:44 AM

I posted the same question on the Boss Facebook page.

Someone suggested me that maybe they want to get rid of old technology.

It's a shame that you can't go deeper on the synthesis engine(I fear that being app based, the editor would be pretty basic) or edit even the guitar timbres like on the Variax (maybe with COSM technology).

Obviously, I don't know if this guitar would integrate with a SY-1000, apart adding a GK-3.
--

---> Matteo Barducci

philjynx

No mention of wireless stereo output, seems like a missed opportunity...

Kevin M

Not enough real details on it, but the $2k usd price would make me pause a bit.

carlb

Building the synthesis gear into the guitar does allow simple connections and low delays. But batteries to replace or a funky power/splitter box and obsolescence built-in. Piezo? Look to replace saddles in your future. New features? Not unless the electronics are designed modular.

13-pin hex is danged good now that player-enthusiasts have largely solved the cables and connectors issues. Solid. Future ready when new 13-pin gear comes out. Wish we'd see a GK option optimized for Gibson type guitars, and further attention to basics to address existing tracking and alt tuning issues.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

aliensporebomb

Almost sounds like it's a guitar with a SY-1000 inside it.  Interesting.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumbo

....but, since it's the latest thing, it's the BEST thing....   ::)

..oops, never mind, we won't get into that again now, will we...   ...sigh   :-X
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

gumbo

Quote from:  aliensporebomb on July 15, 2021, 06:32:29 AM
Almost sounds like it's a guitar with a SY-1000 inside it.  Interesting.

Maybe you can make weird sounds out of it on note-decay without plugging it into anything.... 8)

gumbo

...but no 13-pin out ?

???

...more like a G-5 replacement ?

BROCKSTAR

Quote from:  Bluesbird on July 15, 2021, 06:59:22 AM
No, more like a guitar with an SY-1 in it. 

Well technically sy-1 / sy-300 is inside sy-1000, so still correct lol.

BROCKSTAR

Yeah them not adding a gk-13 option to the guitar is just baffling... Like why wouldn't they want people that buys the guitar to plug into their other units?

Brak(E)man

This is my take but without all that esteem and collectors value.....
(and synth without stereo) jisus!

Btw did they ever sell any of the Strandberg V-BDN VG-Strandberg?...

https://www.boss.info/us/products/v-bdn/
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Vaultnaemsae

Really -- Didn't see that one coming...but now I understand why they had no resources to address the flaws in the SY-1000.  ::)

Anyway, the BT expression pedal looks like it might be useful.  :)
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

JiveTurkey

Quote from: gumbo on July 15, 2021, 06:33:20 AM
....but, since it's the latest thing, it's the BEST thing....   ::)

..oops, never mind, we won't get into that again now, will we...   ...sigh   :-X
I've never been so inspired to irritation by a brand in my life  :-X ;D :'(

Headless68

kisielk

9 hours of battery life? 4x AA batteries? No GK output? Almost $2k? Not sure what they are thinking with this... can't really see who this would appeal to.

BROCKSTAR

I don't like the looks of the guitar really... Just not into that variax / yamaha look that it has going on.

admin

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/boss-guitar-built-in-synth-and-bluetooth-pedal-control-080328921.html
Steve Dent·Associate Editor
Thu, July 15, 2021, 1:03 AM·1 min read

Boss has unveiled a new electric guitar that adds some modern technology so you can easily program it with a wide range of synthesized sounds. The EURUS GS-1 has a built in polyphonic Boss synth engine that allows players to "access a stunning range of analog-flavored sounds" at the flip of a switch, the company said in a press release.

The synth engine delivers high sonic quality and natural touch response, and comes with six onboard memories with ready-to-play sounds, along with a synth control knob for hands-on adjustments. All the synth sounds respond to normal guitar techniques, "with no latency or triggering issues to disturb the musical flow," according to Boss.

Boss's latest guitar has a built-in synth and Bluetooth pedal control
Boss's latest guitar has a built-in synth and Bluetooth pedal control
On top of the built-in synth sounds, you can program your own via Bluetooth using Boss's GS-1 Editor app for iOS and Android devices. It offers "many different synth types and variations," along with the ability to adjust tone, resonance and other parameters. You can also target a range of parameters to the guitar's synth control know and save favorite sound combinations prior to performances.

- ADVERTISEMENT -
It can also be paired with the new EV-1-WL wireless midi pedal that operates over Bluetooth, with the ability to change parameters like pitch bend, hold, filter depth and more via the toe switch and up to two external footswitches.

Built in Japan, the guitar itself has an offset body design with a slim profile, 24-fret neck with a compound radius fretboard. It features Gotoh hardware for "smooth tremolo action and solid tuning stability with a two-point fulcrum and staggered-height locking machine heads." The EURUS GS-1 guitar will be available in the US in October 2021 for $2,200.