Gk2a vs gk3 pickup

Started by adamlee011, July 09, 2021, 11:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlee011

I know the differences as far as output and noise floor, but if I were to plug a gk2a pickup into a gk3 preamp, would it be any different from a gk3? Or is the only difference on the pickup side the radius feature?

admin

Quote from: adamlee011 on July 09, 2021, 11:01:36 PM
I know the differences as far as output and noise floor, but if I were to plug a gk2a pickup into a gk3 preamp, would it be any different from a gk3? Or is the only difference on the pickup side the radius feature?

It would be different altogether

The raw mag hex Pickups have different winding and output levels

adamlee011

Quote from: admin on July 09, 2021, 11:05:12 PM
It would be different altogether

The raw mag hex Pickups have different winding and output levels

🤔 Is that so? Now I want to try it. I always preferred my 2a. But it was external. Now I have a gk3 kit which I'm installing on the guitar, and the gk2a, which I could borrow the pickup from. Do you think it would be an improvement? Or any reason I shouldn't try it?

admin

Quote from: adamlee011 on July 09, 2021, 11:31:12 PM
🤔 Is that so? Now I want to try it. I always preferred my 2a. But it was external. Now I have a gk3 kit which I'm installing on the guitar, and the gk2a, which I could borrow the pickup from. Do you think it would be an improvement? Or any reason I shouldn't try it?

I prefer the GK-2A PU, its smaller and less prone to rattles & immune to feedback on high gain COSM patches , less rattles compared to the useless radius adjuster on GK-3 PU

For either,, I install in Guitar, then disassemble & Wax Pot the PU for least warbles , improved tracking

adamlee011

Quote from: admin on July 09, 2021, 11:41:48 PM
I prefer the GK-2A PU, its smaller and less prone to rattles & immune to feedback on high gain COSM patches , less rattles compared to the useless radius adjuster on GK-3 PU

For either,, I install in Guitar, then disassemble & Wax Pot the PU for least warbles , improved tracking

I always preferred the 2a, and should pot all of my hex pups, but I'm wondering if It would be better or worse, or cause a problem, if I mount the gk2a and plug it into a gk3 kit preamp.