Just got a Katana Head MKII: No lights, no sound

Started by isoneedacoffee, June 08, 2021, 05:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isoneedacoffee

I just got a used MKII Head. At first, I heard something rattling/sliding inside. I did a quick power up, trying the internal speaker and also the amp connected to a cab. It seemed fine in both instances. I was worried about that thing that I heard sliding inside, particularly as I plan to gig qith this amp, so I tried to see what was sliding inside, gently peering in through the gaps, and swaying it from one side to the other. At one point the thing inside got lodged somewhere within the amp. When I tried to turn it on, the amp wouldn't power up anymore (but I could hear still hear a faint hiss indicating that power was going in). I opened the amp up and found a dime inside. I am wondering if the dime itself after being moved around could have shorted something? I can't easily see any blown or dislodged parts. To go further it would require a more invasive disassembly. The fuse is also fine.

Obviously, I'm really disappointed.

Any advice?

gumtown

I would take it back to where you brought it, it will not improve on the state it is in at the moment.
If it is not working now, then it most likely never will, you could try a factory reset (power on while holding a certain button), but I don't think that will fix it.

Obviously not "new of the box"
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/