GT 001 does not install the driver on windows 10

Started by mendeslh, June 07, 2021, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mendeslh

Hello everybody. I changed my computer to a device with windows 10 Pro, and it is no longer installing the GT001 driver on the system... It says it is not possible to find the drive. As it's not available on Roland's website, has anyone experienced this? Thanks.

gumtown

Make sure your Windows 10 has all the latest updates, and try restarting the computer with the GT-001 USB plugged in, it should automatically download a driver from the internet.
You could try and broaden your search on a resolve just by searching "Boss GT USB driver install failed" (without the specific model number) as there are other units which experience the same issue, and some have found fixes.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mendeslh

Thanks for the reply friend but had tried everything and nothing. But I managed to solve the mystery. I still had the old PC that had the GT installed, with w10 (this one worked fine....), and I made a backup of the drivers from there, put it on a pendrive and used it on the new PC... Bingo! Installed everything. I'll attach, if I can, the zipped file for those who need it, if that's allowed...thanks.

Stratzilla

Quote from: mendeslh on June 08, 2021, 04:36:06 PM
Thanks for the reply friend but had tried everything and nothing. But I managed to solve the mystery. I still had the old PC that had the GT installed, with w10 (this one worked fine....), and I made a backup of the drivers from there, put it on a pendrive and used it on the new PC... Bingo! Installed everything. I'll attach, if I can, the zipped file for those who need it, if that's allowed...thanks.

Man - I know it's been a while since you posted this, but thank you. I was scratching my head until I found your shared file. Problem solved! Much thanks.