Poly sustain on 1000 Core?

Started by Thetrooper, April 25, 2021, 04:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thetrooper

Is there something similar to Line6 poly sustain that they added to Helix?

What is poly sustain? It allows you to engage the effect while you play a tone, now that tone gets infinite sustain, allowing you to play something else over it.

Video:

Thetrooper

three_eyed_otter

Hello Thetrooper,

I've attached a screenshot from the GT 1000 CORE parameter guide that may be what you're looking for...

Have a good one,

3EO

gumtown

Sound Hold, Yes.
Polyphonic, No. It will sustain single notes only.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Thetrooper

Quote from: three_eyed_otter on April 26, 2021, 06:52:42 PM
I've attached a screenshot from the GT 1000 CORE parameter guide that may be what you're looking for...

Quote from: gumtown on April 26, 2021, 08:46:02 PM
Sound Hold, Yes.
Polyphonic, No. It will sustain single notes only.

Thanks guys! I did download user manual, and parameter guide, and sound list, but somehow missed that. I'm deciding between GT 1000 core, Mooer GE300 Lite and Line6 Hx Stomp (maybe even Helix LT).

It's strange nobody talks about this feature on the GT, there's literally one video about it on Youtube, and it sounds pretty bad. Like, really bad :(
Is it because he's using it to sustain whole chords, or is this just how the effect works?

Too bad it doesn't have vibrato with it. Could that be somehow added with some other effect and some creative chain routing?

gumtown

Quote from: Thetrooper on April 27, 2021, 01:38:33 AM

Too bad it doesn't have vibrato with it. Could that be somehow added with some other effect and some creative chain routing?

Yes you can drop an FX block after the Sound Hold effect block and use the Vibrato effect (in FX1, FX2, and FX3)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Thetrooper

Quote from: gumtown on April 27, 2021, 01:45:51 AM
Yes you can drop an FX block after the Sound Hold effect block and use the Vibrato effect (in FX1, FX2, and FX3)

That's great! Could you comment on the quality of the effect, does it sound better when holding one tone only or does it have the same fast tremolo warble like in the video?

sonagiovi

Actually the trigger function on the Tera Echo does exactly what you ask for, you just have to set up an assign to engage it.
The only "problem" is that since the Tera Echo lies within the reverb block you have to give up using a normal reverb for that sound.
Hope this helps, take care and have fun.  :)

Thetrooper

Quote from: sonagiovi on April 27, 2021, 05:28:31 AM
Actually the trigger function on the Tera Echo does exactly what you ask for

Like I said, I don't own the unit yet, but judging by the manual it's not what I'm looking for. Manual says it creates "a unique ambience and a spaciousness". I want to sustain notes longer than Gary Moore and John Petrucci together  ;D

Kevin M

Quote from: Thetrooper on April 27, 2021, 09:00:20 AM
Like I said, I don't own the unit yet, but judging by the manual it's not what I'm looking for. Manual says it creates "a unique ambience and a spaciousness". I want to sustain notes longer than Gary Moore and John Petrucci together  ;D

That might be a job for a sustainer pickup.

Thetrooper

Quote from: Kevin M on April 27, 2021, 09:15:30 AM
That might be a job for a sustainer pickup.

Or poly sustain like L6 has. Or GT sound hold, if anyone can confirm if it actually sounds good with single notes, or is it the same warbly mess like in the video I linked earlier.

Brak(E)man

The soundhold block which is the same as on the SY-1000 which I use, sounds fine with one note.
It's weak spots are polyphony and there's no release time.
And sometimes there's a stutter and a click.
It doesn't work as well as fi the EHX freeze pedal which would do what you want , chords or single notes.
(It's possible that the GT firmware updates have fixed this, no real updates on the SY-1000 yet.)
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

sonagiovi

Guys, the sound hold works fine for bass drones, that's it.
For the freeze/plus sustained chords you need the tera echo hold, which in the gt1000 is the "trigger".
I used to integrate both, Sound Hold for bass drones and tera echo's hold for pads, both in their own divider path.
Then you can use the slicer on the held chord... Fun stuff!

Brak(E)man

I use the terra echo a lot with my GT-1 but it's not dry , so if I need a dry sound to start with I'll patch in my ehx freeze , the soundhold in the SY-1000 I use for stuttering effects , for that it works fine.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch