Donner DP-Z Guitar Pedal Power Supply

Started by admin, April 02, 2021, 07:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Donner DP-Z 9V Guitar Pedal Power Supply 11 Isolated DC Output with USB Port for 9V/12V/18V Effect Pedal DC 18v 2000m Input

This is actually very quiet and decent quality  pedal board power supply for $45

Features & details
【Super Power Adapter】Donner DP-Z 9V Guitar Pedal Power Supply equips with superpower adapter: DC 18v 2000mA ,this powerful input ensures that every output is in the best possible state.
【10 Isolated Outputs + 1 USB charge port 】 Donner DP-Z 9V Guitar Pedal Power Supply has 10 outputs ,which includes 4 x 9V 100mA, 3 x 9V 300mA, 1 x 9V 500mA, 1 x 9V/12V 500mA, 1 x 18V 300mA with 1 x DC 18V input, 1 x USB charge port. 10 Isolated Output  ,5v 1000 mA USB charge port Meet the power demand of Mobile devices .
【Noise Reduction Circuit Design】Donner Guitar Pedal Power Supply Quality is made of aluminum alloy material, which makes it light, and portable. It has a noise reduction function, low noise gives you a better experience, and direct current increases the stability of the power supply during use.
【Short Circuit Protection】 Independent short-circuit protection, when one output is short-circuited, other outputs can still work normally without being affected. Bright Blue LED bar For Pedal Board Lighting & Short Circuit Indicate.
【Special LED strip design】1 X Long blue LED light bar 1x orange LED light bar 1x red LED light bar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08P39G11Q?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

mooncaine

Seriously thinking about that. Thanks! I'm looking over my pedals' AC adapters now.

Dangit, the Digitech Whammy 5 pedal has a weirdo power supply that provides AC, not DC. The Rocktron Banshee 2 needs 1.003A @ 5 watts, 9V AC. I don't use those much. I might be OK with needing 3 or 4 AC outlets. Need one for amp and one for a VG, one for this Donner, and 2 for the weirdo pedals = 5 outlets. Dang. Hope that price lasts because I gotta think about whether I want that. What a price, though.

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on April 03, 2021, 02:02:48 PM
Seriously thinking about that. Thanks! I'm looking over my pedals' AC adapters now.

Dangit, the Digitech Whammy 5 pedal has a weirdo power supply that provides AC, not DC. The Rocktron Banshee 2 needs 1.003A @ 5 watts, 9V AC. I don't use those much. I might be OK with needing 3 or 4 AC outlets. Need one for amp and one for a VG, one for this Donner, and 2 for the weirdo pedals = 5 outlets. Dang. Hope that price lasts because I gotta think about whether I want that. What a price, though.

the Digitech Whammy is power hungry  -

later versions  run on DC power, but often requires its own power supply (draws 288mA)

https://www.robchapman.tv/forum/threads/power-supply-for-a-digitech-whammy.38286/

mooncaine

Wow, I think that's good news! Mine has this on its adapter (attached image). I

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on April 03, 2021, 02:30:51 PM
Wow, I think that's good news! Mine has this on its adapter (attached image). I

thats a typical Harmon 9V DC @ 1300mA Universal Adapter ( as Tom Cram mentions above)

Note the polarity of the jack 

Whammy draws 288mA @ 9VDC

should work on one of the three 9V @ 300MA jacks

mooncaine

Quote from: admin on April 03, 2021, 02:49:30 PMNote the polarity of the jack
Center negative, like the rest of my pedals.

That's super good news. Thanks for reviewing the specs with me! I'm gonna get that.

mooncaine

It arrived! So far, not happy with it. I started powering my pedals, adding them one at a time by changing the power source from whatever they were using to the DP-Z.

When I attach pedal 1, Aeros Loop Studio, sounds fine.

When I attach pedal 2, Red Panda Tensor with stereo upgrade, it adds noise. One reason to use a pedal board power supply is to decrease noise, not increase it, right? Am I mistaken?

It doesn't have a plug that fits my Eventide H9. The H9's pin is too fat for these Donner adapter cables.

Not sure I want to bother digging out more pedals to try, but I definitely need to take a walk and grumble a bit.

But my main beef with it is that it literally adds noise. I hoped for at least not hearing more noise than when I use each pedal's adapter plugged into a power strip.

admin

QuoteWhen I attach pedal 1, Aeros Loop Studio, sounds fine.

When I attach pedal 2, Red Panda Tensor with stereo upgrade, it adds noise. One reason to use a pedal board power supply is to decrease noise, not increase it, right? Am I mistaken?
send it back
Both those are high current Power hogs

Must run Aeros looper on a separate dedicated Power supply

Myself I;m just running several mini pedals  - that draw 100-200ma each -no noise
https://www.tonebox.com/brand/koogo

and even with an expensive CIOKS Power supply - you will run into situations where you must run a separate power supply  - ( like Digitech Whammy never plays well being run from one common pedal board supply)
https://cioks.com/home-1/

then I  use this to power analog pedals only  - and plug OEM adapters into the AC Strip on top
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S68CXJD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hiree Guitar Pedal Power Supply Adapter Station Distributor 10 Isolated DC Output for 9V/12V/18V Effect PedalBoard with 4 AC Outlet

but your pedals appear to be among the problem ones which often consume a lot of initial POWER ON INRUSH CURRENT - which may be 10 times the quiescent power requirement 

admin

QuoteMyself I;m just running several mini pedals  - that draw 100-200ma each -no noise

Latest cheap pedal board for vintage surf gigs.
All 9 devices are powered by one  Donner DP-Z  Guitar Pedal Power Supply
Band also plays a few Blues tunes, and garagerock hits from 50's, 60's  Using the Donner DP-Z to power all 9 effects, very clean.

Dusted off my old Surfrider III  -which after extensive testing rose to the top for emulating my genuine 64 Fender Tube Reverb tone.
Bulk of the "300 Series mini effects"  are $35 units from Rowin, Cuvave, rebranded as Koogo, Stax, VSN -sold at Amazon
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=30366.0

Recently Acquired a Rowin Fuzz pedal (rebranded as Stax brand) , not to be confused with similar Cuvave Fuzz

Surprised it is a versatile pedal with usable range, approaching Tone Bender tones - $30 at Amazon

--