Internal pedal

Started by Lindolf, March 24, 2021, 10:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindolf

Hi guys!!

Just picked up an old gt-001 and started to play around. I got the impression that I can use the internal pedal to simulate an expression pedal?

Is it possible to use an effect like the feedbacker without actually having a pedal plugged in to your gt-001?

If so, how do I solve this? Thanks in advance!

admin

Quote from: Lindolf on March 24, 2021, 10:18:02 PM
Hi guys!!

Just picked up an old gt-001 and started to play around. I got the impression that I can use the internal pedal to simulate an expression pedal?

Is it possible to use an effect like the feedbacker without actually having a pedal plugged in to your gt-001?

If so, how do I solve this? Thanks in advance!

Learn Roland / Boss - Internal pedal / Wave pedal Tutorial

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8782.0

Lindolf

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this without any success. What pedal trigger should I use when I don't have a pedal?
Or does it mean that I can't use the accel effects without a physical pedal? I just don't get it, my English is not the best I'm afaraid 

Sorry, but I just can't get the feedbacker to trigger.

Thanks!

Brak(E)man

Start with the wave pedal , try moment and google mode
Assign it to a parameter in the feedbacker fi on/off
I use wave pedal a lot on all the units that have it,
but haven't found a use for internal ped
but that's just me
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Lindolf

Thanks!

I got it to work! The feedbacker did not really behave as I expected though.. I wanted to simulate a Fernandes sustainer and use the feedbacker to get a nice sustained harmonic.

If someone have any suggestion on how to achieve this please let me know.

Thanks guys!!

Brak(E)man

You can use the internal pedal to change value or several values on the same or several parameters over time.
I'm guessing to achieve a Fernandes sustainer ( which I use on many of my guitars )
You might need to assign depth , rise time , feedback level etc and you might have to assign fi a pitch shifter, eq or a compressor etc to get the same effect.
Usually it takes a combo of different assigns to get the effect wanted.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

Try using the Assign Source "input level" to control an effect like "compressor" where it works in reverse, and the input control increases the compression level and lowers the threshold as the input level decays.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/