PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA 1.1.0 is online

Started by PD FX, December 17, 2020, 06:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

Added Damping for the piano sustain pedal.
Higher frequencies are prone to decay faster in the natural world:  I added a frequency depended decay, so you dial in a more natural decay sound.
(its a passive piezo here, it hums a bit)

Nobulusprime

This is turning into an amazing app! That has a great harp like sound helped by the nylon strings.

PD FX

Quote from: Nobulusprime on March 21, 2022, 03:09:08 AM
This is turning into an amazing app! That has a great harp like sound helped by the nylon strings.
Thanks!
I've just  added a double sine with detuning now, that works also great with the pedal

PD FX

In a few days PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.0 will be released via testflight.
Lots of new functions and sounds. Some great, some... well... ;)

PD FX

A first glimpse at the new presetmanager in upcoming PD  Space Guitar BETA 1.1.
Instead of having to fumble with menu popups and large lists with small fonts, I chose to have a floorboardlike layout, making it easy to organise sounds.
I'm optimising the filters now to keepup with  the new level of hifi that this app now features and making presets while doing so.

PD FX

A liittle noodle with dropsplit and piano sustain mode
the hold  function can work like a normal hold pedal, holding the sound which was sounding at the moment of the pedal press and it can also continuesly refresh itself: that is the auto hold.
At a certain pluck treshold, the hold notes then will be the refreshed. this gives the piano/harp effect.
I have a question though: is this the first guitar pianopedal ever? I couldn't find antoher pedal or app that can do this so far..

PD FX

PD Space Guitar Beta 1.1 is up for apple review!
Due to be released to the beta users soon
This is a big update, with lots of new features:

• PRESETS A compact floorboard based presetmanagent, with factory and user presets.
Factory presets are read-only: trying to save them will redirect]you automatically to the user presetrs. User presets are secured for updates. Standlone presets and IR's are available in the file system for backup and restore.
Great little trick: durings save-as you can use your floorboard to point to the proper location. You may browse far away to seek a sound, choose it, enjoy it? click save as, and hit your floarboard, now the sound is saved at the right spot!
  • ORIGINAL waveform with formant preserve - the tone knob rule sthe maount of formant preserve. great for keeping the gutiarsound bright enough while pitching down.
  • CHROMATIC mode what is says: silly autotune or realistic organ sounds, you choose..
  • ORIGINAL waveform with formant preserve - the tone knob rule sthe maount of formant preserve. great for keeping the gutiarsound bright enough while pitching down.
  • DUAL waveform with variations under the tone knob: 12 string, unisono and organon (fifth), all with adjustable detune
  • REMOTE tab with 4 assignable CC's:
volume (selectable blend, synth,amp), whammy, filter and the hold pedal.
The hold pedal work as normal hold AND as a piano sustain pedal.. Auto Hold sensitivity has to be set to a higher senstiivity to enable it: -35 db is a typical vlaue. At +30dB it is firmly shut off..The sound at the press of the hold pedal will be hold anyway, this is the normal hold.
whenever the hold pedal is down, and level exceeds the aut hold level, the sound is refreshed: this gives the piano effect.
Small hickups and bugs are to be expected: the filter system is not in its final form. the attack knob has a misleading name now: it actually is a decay from the peak

Nobulusprime

Excellent stuff, just updated, not had a chance to check it out yet. Will do tomorrow.
Quick question - does the pedal sustain on the remote tab need a midi CC? Or can it be switched on without if the CC is set to off?

PD FX

Quote from: Nobulusprime on April 05, 2022, 01:17:47 PM
Excellent stuff, just updated, not had a chance to check it out yet. Will do tomorrow.
Quick question - does the pedal sustain on the remote tab need a midi CC? Or can it be switched on without if the CC is set to off?
just click the "hold" and it will work like triggered by CC. Set the authold to aabout -30dB, and your good to go.
This system also alllows host automation, so it is a 3-way system: you can do all remote sliders by hand, by CC or by host.
This is important for having good remote control: there are functions in the remotes that superseed simple straight parameter assignements via the host.  And ofcourse in standalone, CC and manual are the only options.

PD FX

Setting up a hold pedal by foot in Space Guitar is easy:
1) make sure your midi footcontroller is enabled for input in the config screen
2) open the REMOTE tab, and set the HOLD cc to the CC that your footpedal transmits
3) the Auto Hold knob Level determines whether or not sound is refreshed while holding. Keep it on 30 dB for a normal hold. Setting it to about -30dB will make it behave like a piano sustain.

The HOLD button will go on and off according your footpedal. In the interface, however, it works like a toggle. So you can save a preset with the HOLD function allready enabled, which is very handy if you havent got a floorpedal.

Yadrichik Chaya

WOW!!

Not only is this my favorite ipad app ever ALL CATEGORIES - I just did a loop with 3 Space Guitar tracks and wanted to screen capture this loop with Funky Drummer (since I couldn't export my drum pattern as an audio file) so I disabled the soundcard to do the screen capture - then I opened Cubasis and started jamming to the loop again and came up with an new idea with the Space Guitar and recorded it - All of a sudden I was like, hold on - WTF?!?! My soundcard is disabled?!? How did that synth part actually get recorded?

I realised I had recorded my electric guitar UNPLUGGED with the ipad mic(!) - and it still sounds amazing!!! Haha!
Hats off - best app ever! :)

PD FX

Quote from: Yadrichik Chaya on April 06, 2022, 11:30:40 AM
WOW!!
Hats off - best app ever! :)
thanks.. it's nice to hear you enjoy the app, Yadrichik!

Silas Lang

Any plans to develop a Mac OSX version in a near future? As an user of Jam Origin Midi Guitar, I would gladly complement that app with Space Guitar. Seems like a perfect combination.

PD FX

Quote from: Silas Lang on April 07, 2022, 12:16:44 AM
Any plans to develop a Mac OSX version in a near future? As an user of Jam Origin Midi Guitar, I would gladly complement that app with Space Guitar. Seems like a perfect combination.
HI Silas,
yes, Space Guitar coupled with MG2 kind of makes a rather complete system.
macOS version is possible in the mearer future: if I can roll out the app securely (apple's appstore makes copy protection kind of unnecessairy) without having too much ado with support, there is no reason why not. Windows,Linux & Android might provide higher volumes of possible customers, but also many problems with latency and audio driver issues. I can not support that, being a lone developer. That'd be something for the far future.

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 06, 2022, 02:00:05 PM
thanks.. it's nice to hear you enjoy the app, Yadrichik!

;D
Since you are a lone developer and probably very busy the following suggestion for Space Guitar is something that can be implemented later on, if you feel like it and have the time:
The possibility of creating new patches by clicking on a "RANDOM" button -
Just like the Boss SY-300 blender function creates patches from randomizing. :)

PD FX

PD FX

Quote from: BackDAWman on April 09, 2022, 04:34:20 AM
This is an iOS app? I can't seem to find it on the App Store...
ah I see..The admin has split the topic recently: the original post had the link to the beta and intructions in it.
So I'll repeat that here:
-You need to install Testflight from the appstore
-Then click on following link https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHe6ZWUc

PD FX

..working on triggered filter envelopes.

admin

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 09, 2022, 05:32:26 AM
ah I see..The admin has split the topic recently: the original post had the link to the beta and intructions in it.
So I'll repeat that here:
-You need to install Testflight from the appstore
-Then click on following link https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHe6ZWUc

Test Flight link remains in 1st post

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29736.0#msg217191

Just renamed the thread to reflect current version
PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA  1.1.0 is online

PD FX

Quote from: admin on April 11, 2022, 12:48:50 PM
Test Flight link remains in 1st post

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29736.0#msg217191

Just renamed the thread to reflect current version
PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA  1.1.0 is online
ah, sorry.. I was confused by the renaming

Nobulusprime

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 11, 2022, 11:48:56 AM
..working on triggered filter envelopes.

Love it, sounds reminiscent of Vangelis

Silas Lang

Quote from: Paul Driessen on April 07, 2022, 12:38:17 AM
HI Silas,
yes, Space Guitar coupled with MG2 kind of makes a rather complete system.
macOS version is possible in the mearer future: if I can roll out the app securely (apple's appstore makes copy protection kind of unnecessairy) without having too much ado with support, there is no reason why not. Windows,Linux & Android might provide higher volumes of possible customers, but also many problems with latency and audio driver issues. I can not support that, being a lone developer. That'd be something for the far future.

Ok, thank you for your reply. If you ever develop the app for us Mac users, count me in. I guess we will have notice via this same board whenever that happens. I really look forward to it.

PD FX

Quote from: Silas Lang on April 13, 2022, 12:13:39 AM
Ok, thank you for your reply. If you ever develop the app for us Mac users, count me in. I guess we will have notice via this same board whenever that happens. I really look forward to it.
thanks Silas.. The macos version will surely be first after the ios versiom

aliensporebomb

The demo sounds fantastic.  Watching this space. I'm a Mac and PC user so I suppose I could see how it works on the PC side...
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.