Keeping terra and sitar on mki

Started by Alathea_Squared, December 11, 2020, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alathea_Squared

Does dx floorboard care what firmware I'm running? Like I want to play with Terra echo and sitar now that I have an mki artist and I missed all the pre 4.0 fun. Can I knock the firmware back to older on the artist and still use floorboard, or do I have to update like Boss makes me do on my mkii?

I know I'll give up stereo expand, but I can always update back again and add those effects in post, too. I just want to hear what they sound like.
"'Cause no matter where you go, there you are."

admin

Quote from: Alathea_Squared on December 11, 2020, 01:05:21 PM
Does dx floorboard care what firmware I'm running? Like I want to play with Terra echo and sitar now that I have an mki artist and I missed all the pre 4.0 fun. Can I knock the firmware back to older on the artist and still use floorboard, or do I have to update like Boss makes me do on my mkii?

I know I'll give up stereo expand, but I can always update back again and add those effects in post, too. I just want to hear what they sound like.

Artist can not run the original Katana "MK1" Amp firmware

Think you're out of luck

gumtown

You can roll back the Artist firmware to the equivalent version that was parallel to the Katana 50/100 FW3 (Artist 1.02 ?), if you can get a hold of the firmware file.
The version of FxFloorBoard depends on the firmware version, so there are 4 versions of FxFloorBoard, one for each firmware level (of the MK1).
You are not forced to update your MK2 Katana, but you will need the version of Tone Studio or FxFloorboard which matches that firmware.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Alathea_Squared

Great! I figured, but hoped I could luck out. Oh well, there are 60+ other pedals I can play with, and hey, I have a pod go I can plug in if that's not enough.
"'Cause no matter where you go, there you are."