Variax 300 and Firehawk FX

Started by Carlos Velho, November 22, 2020, 04:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos Velho

Hi to all. I bought a used variax 300 and some things are very new to me. I use a firehawk fx to connect the variax and run the app on android but I don't have the tunings available. They are not high lighted to make the choices. All other things are fine, AFAIK. When I call, for ex, a patch DADGAD Kashmir or Open A Brn Sugar, I can see the alt tunings but not the altered sound. It still standard. Is this a limitation on firehawk or something goes wrong? I use the original cable to connect. The alt tunings chosen directly from Variax are fine. Don't know if I can install the monkey to make it better. The dealer here are not so great and I cant even find the interface to connect on PC. Thanks for any help.

Carlos Velho

All I have found about the question with the 300 and firehawk is I can't do what I want on tunings. The only way to do that is with the VDI interface workbench. And I can't find it on my country just found in America or Europe but they don't deliver to Brasil. 3rd world is a pain in the ... ::)

admin

Quote from: Carlos Velho on November 25, 2020, 06:14:42 AM
All I have found about the question with the 300 and firehawk is I can't do what I want on tunings. The only way to do that is with the VDI interface workbench. And I can't find it on my country just found in America or Europe but they don't deliver to Brasil. 3rd world is a pain in the ... ::)

You can NOT use Workbech HD on Variax 300

Line-6 made a break away from the 1st generation Variax Electric ( Models 300/500/600/700) vs the post 2010 era "VARIAX HD" models (All Tyler Variax, SHURiKEN, Variax Standard)

And it depends on what firmware is loaded in the unit

The "key" - review the specific hardware that supports original VARIAX WORKBENCH app  - required for your Variax 300 

Any of these will work

POD HD Pro
POD HD500
POD X3 Live
POD X3 Pro
PODxt Live
Variax USB Interface
Vetta II Combo
Vetta II Head

Line-6 hardware with VDI Interface not on the list above will NOT work with your Variax 300

Carlos Velho

Ok. Thanks for the answer. I just can call the models inside the guitar from Firehawk. greetings