PROBLEMS WITH STEREO OUTPUT - PAN DELAY

Started by HERMANO SIMON, November 12, 2020, 01:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HERMANO SIMON

Hi,

I initialized a patch on my new Boss Gt 1000 and started editing it adding a PAN Delay on the chain

Problem:
When I connect my headphones to the unit I can feel the PAN of the effect when I play the guitar. That's ok.
When I connect the headphones to my sound card (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8) where I connected the GT 1000  to record guitars on Ableton Live, I don't feel the PAN

Output of the Unit is set up to Line/Headphones
Everything looks ok on the focusrite and on ableton
Why am I not able to listen the PAN Efffect from the headphones output of the sound card? What am I doing wrong?

H E L P
Thank you!

gumtown

Are you using a stereo to dual mono adapter cable from the headphones out to the 2 Focusrite inputs?
What about using the GT-1000 left and right outputs and into Focusrite channels 1(left) and 2(right).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Brak(E)man

Quote from: HERMANO SIMON on November 12, 2020, 01:01:00 AM
Hi,

I initialized a patch on my new Boss Gt 1000 and started editing it adding a PAN Delay on the chain

Problem:
When I connect my headphones to the unit I can feel the PAN of the effect when I play the guitar. That's ok.
When I connect the headphones to my sound card (Focusrite Scarlett 18i8) where I connected the GT 1000  to record guitars on Ableton Live, I don't feel the PAN

Output of the Unit is set up to Line/Headphones
Everything looks ok on the focusrite and on ableton
Why am I not able to listen the PAN Efffect from the headphones output of the sound card? What am I doing wrong?

H E L P
Thank you!

First try what Gumtown said.
And if that doesn't help , there's the settings for the Focusrite soundcard.
By default input 1 & 2 are set to middle position ( at least on my focusrite )
So you have to pan the inputs to left and right when using direct monitoring.
(I think it's an app called mix control)

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch