GT-1000 Core Midi

Started by tonycass, October 07, 2020, 07:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonycass

Hi folks - I am the very happy new owner of a GT-1000 core.  It it is my first Boss Multi pedal and I am extremely impressed so far.

I am hoping to learn about more about how I might be able to enhance the unit with a midi controller.

Is it possible to assign preset+, preset-, tap tempo, and tuner engage to midi cc commands? It would be great if this was global.

ajb1965

Mine will be here Friday  :)  From what I've read in the GT1000 Core Parameter guide it looks like it will receive MIDI clock signals so if the BPM setting on your controller is set via tap tempo that should work.  Your remote device should be able to patch up/down using PC messages.  I don't believe you can invoke the tuner via MIDI though.  I wasn't able to do that on my GT1000 but perhaps some of the bigger brains here may have a better answer for you.

Conversely all of the Boss MFX products I've had actually do a great job as a MIDI controller for basic needs.  I never got around to playing with that on my big 1000 but my ES5 and MS3 were all able to send midi PC commands along with patch changes and could send CC messages within a patch via the control button of your choice.   Just food for thought.

Cheers!

BuleriaChk

I hope Boss provides a firmware update to add BTS capability for iOS via Bluetooth.  So far it doesn't, although I did read that BTS 13.3 for iOS did support both the 1K and the 1kCore...  But there is no Bluetooth switch in the 1kCore...

Alexander71

I bought a cheap midi controller M-WAVE Chocolate on aliexpress. It works great with BOSS GT-1000 CORE via midi cable trs 3.5-6.3. I recommend it.

admin

Quote from: Alexander71 on July 22, 2022, 09:31:52 AMI bought a cheap midi controller M-WAVE Chocolate on aliexpress. It works great with BOSS GT-1000 CORE via midi cable trs 3.5-6.3. I recommend it.

All details here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=33585.0

Boisdelac

You will find the Boss GT 1000 Core MIDI implementation table here ....

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000-MIDI-Implementation09.pdf

Concerning the MIDI implementation for BOSS GT1000 (both ... fullsize and core)

They accept

- MIDI Time Clock
- selecting all 250 user patches and 250 factory presets via a combination of MIDI PC# 0..127 and Bank select via CC# (actually 4 banks with 125 patches each)
- switch on/off tuner via a CC# assign
- Tap-Tempo via a CC# assign

There is no command within the MIDI standard to increment or decrement any PC# counter. You have to adress the "+/-"values from your external controller. Your controller has to increase or decrease the PC# and send this to the device to be controlled.