GT-001 - Fluctuating volume

Started by Daz, October 07, 2020, 12:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daz

I've just bought a GT-001, have so far only used it with headphones.  I'm finding that sometimes the volume level is dipping and then eventually coming back up again.  Is there something I've inadvertently not set right?  I haven't played around with it too much, just used the standard presets mainly so it seems unlikely but has anyone else experienced this?  I've tried different guitars, leads and headphones all with the same result.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group Daz!  :)

gumtown

Does not sound like normal behavior.

Try initiating a "Factory Reset" to out of the box state and see if that helps, otherwise it might be a defective unit.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Daz

Yeah, I didn't think it was normal.  Done a factory reset and still seems the same.  I'll have a proper mess about with it on the weekend and go from there. 

Was hoping someone would say do this or that in the settings and it might be something simple but...perhaps not.

Cheers for the reply anyway!

admin

Quote from: Daz on October 08, 2020, 12:26:08 AM
Yeah, I didn't think it was normal.  Done a factory reset and still seems the same.  I'll have a proper mess about with it on the weekend and go from there. 

Was hoping someone would say do this or that in the settings and it might be something simple but...perhaps not.

Cheers for the reply anyway!

The typical sources of volume fluctuations

Bad guitar cable

Oxidized input jack

Oxidized headphone jack

Oxidized Output Level potentiometer

Often Craig De-Oxit Spray applied sparingly resolves these