Circle Guitar

Started by mchad, August 18, 2020, 03:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Hex is better.

Anthony Dickens
This is Circle Guitar.   Hand built with the help of a team of brilliant engineers (all hail Jacob Boast, Luke Perkin & Marie Tricaud) in London. Circle generates sounds, textures and rhythms that would be impossible with a conventional electric guitar. By using a mechanical device to strike the strings, rather than a human hand, you can exceed what is physically possible and push guitar playing into new, unexplored territories.  The sound is caught by a hexaphonic or 'multi-channel' pickup. Each string has its own output that can be amplified, recorded and processed individually. You can pan each string across the mix, blend different effects across the strings or set up rhythmic gates to turn individual strings on and off in time with Circles set speed. The options for audio processing using guitar effects pedals, amplifiers, modular synthesis or digital audio workstations are vast.  There are six switches on the body of the guitar that control whether the signal either passes freely to your amp, mixing desk or computer interface or to a button that releases the signal only when pressed. This enables you to play the Circle Guitar a bit like a piano, creating interesting rhythmic chords, lead lines or whatever you want to call what I'm playing above!  More videos coming soon. Please like, follow and spread the word!"

admin

^ I Love it !

needs the  matching case ;)

arkieboy

Of all the oddities and 'out there' designs we see on this forum - and long may we continue to see them - this is possibly the first I would actually consider owning.  Given my responsibilities I'm not sure I could ever put aside the money for one, but I'd definitely like to have one of these in my guitar rack, and I would write songs with it if I had one.

Heck I could sample the first vid and use that as an instrumental middle right there ...

(ed. FTR I don't consider the CyFi pickups and the Eurorack hexaphonic stuff as 'out there'.  Definitely have those if I had the money ...)
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

gumbo

...what happens when a Hurdy Gurdy gets hit by lightning.... :o
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...