VG-88 Update to 2.00 on Roland Service Canada

Started by scifer_06, February 27, 2020, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scifer_06

I recently spoke to someone on roland service in ontario (only one in canada ::)) in regards to updating my VG-88 1.02 to 2.00. one of the guys I talked to spoke barely any english  (assuming he speaks french) told me he can do it for $40+ 2 way shipping of course. He said just send it to them and put a note on it. No service ticket no nothing. then going on to the conversation he mentioned "send me the keys and I'll handle it" probably thinking the VG-88 was a 88 key keyboard. I corrected him saying it's a guitar synth processor and he said he knows that but keeps on saying just send the keys to me later on. while talking to him he also said they dont service something very old and told him that the unit was from 1995 and again he said just send it to him. So I called again and somebody stated "that guy" has worked for roland since the 80's. Just wondering if sending it without any service ticket is gonna be risky? he never assured me of anything if the update fails. what if I spent the money shipping it but it turns out he was still talking about a keyboard then im screwed. Is it better just to send it down the states?

admin

Quote from: scifer_06 on February 27, 2020, 11:51:32 AM
I recently spoke to someone on roland service in ontario (only one in canada ::)) in regards to updating my VG-88 1.02 to 2.00. one of the guys I talked to spoke barely any english  (assuming he speaks french) told me he can do it for $40+ 2 way shipping of course. He said just send it to them and put a note on it. No service ticket no nothing. then going on to the conversation he mentioned "send me the keys and I'll handle it" probably thinking the VG-88 was a 88 key keyboard. I corrected him saying it's a guitar synth processor and he said he knows that but keeps on saying just send the keys to me later on. while talking to him he also said they dont service something very old and told him that the unit was from 1995 and again he said just send it to him. So I called again and somebody stated "that guy" has worked for roland since the 80's. Just wondering if sending it without any service ticket is gonna be risky? he never assured me of anything if the update fails. what if I spent the money shipping it but it turns out he was still talking about a keyboard then im screwed. Is it better just to send it down the states?

Id report this experience IN DETAIL)   here

Register your Product

then login to your "BACKSTAGE ACCOUNT" and create a Service request for help

https://www.roland.com/backstage/#/login?redirect=%2Fsupport#service_request

scifer_06