GT-10 - powered monitor for gt10

Started by G-bo, February 24, 2020, 06:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-bo

Hi ,I have just bought a yorkville 100kw powered monitor to run with my gt 10.There's a couple things I'm not sure of tho.
     1)when I hook it up would it make any difference If I go into the channel input or should I run into the effects return,and
     2)If I run into the effects return should I turn off speaker simulation?Actually for that matter should I turn off speaker sims when
plugging right into the channel.
     Really not sure which would give the best results but figured some of you knowledgeable people here would know.

admin

Quote from: G-bo on February 24, 2020, 06:07:32 PM
Hi ,I have just bought a yorkville 100kw powered monitor to run with my gt 10.There's a couple things I'm not sure of tho.
     1)when I hook it up would it make any difference If I go into the channel input or should I run into the effects return,and
     2)If I run into the effects return should I turn off speaker simulation?Actually for that matter should I turn off speaker sims when
plugging right into the channel.
     Really not sure which would give the best results but figured some of you knowledgeable people here would know.

Thats a FRFR Monitor

Use the GT-10  L Main output and set to LINE/PHONES Output Mode

G-bo

Hi ,thanks for the reply.If I use line phones does it matter if I plug in the channel or if I use the effect return?Just wondering if there's a difference ,thanks.

admin

Quote from: G-bo on February 24, 2020, 07:33:58 PM
Hi ,thanks for the reply.If I use line phones does it matter if I plug in the channel or if I use the effect return?Just wondering if there's a difference ,thanks.

Guitar > GT-10 Guitar Input  - GT-10 Left ( Mono)  Output >  yorkville 100kw

Dont use the GT-10 effects loop to feed a FRFR speaker

G-bo

Hi,sorry for the confusion,I was actually talking about going into the return of the FRFR monitor(it has effects return/send,a phones input and 2 channels)

admin

Quote from: G-bo on February 25, 2020, 06:33:19 AM
Hi,sorry for the confusion,I was actually talking about going into the return of the FRFR monitor(it has effects return/send,a phones input and 2 channels)

Quoteyorkville 100kw powered monitor

What specific Model#?

G-bo

admin

Quote from: G-bo on February 25, 2020, 07:36:08 AM
it's a Yorkville 100KW power wedge

I would use this cable

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CPP-202-Stereo-Interconnect-Meters/dp/B000068O1B

feed GT-10 Left and right outputs into the Yorkville Channel 2 Line Inputs
https://usermanual.wiki/Yorkville/100WUsersManual.607369762

G-bo

HI, Ok sounds good thanks for the help I will run it that way and work on setting up patches from there,thanks again.

G-bo

hi,had to order the cables since there's no local source here.In the meantime can I use regular 1/4 mono guitar jacks to try this out.
   No expert on cables but is that not what these hosa cables are.They look like regular cables to me,am I missing something?

admin

Quote from: G-bo on February 25, 2020, 03:42:51 PM
hi,had to order the cables since there's no local source here.In the meantime can I use regular 1/4 mono guitar jacks to try this out.
   No expert on cables but is that not what these hosa cables are.They look like regular cables to me,am I missing something?

Correct they are simply unbalanced cables with 1/4" Tip  /Sleeve (TS) Male Plugs on each end - offered in a Dual Jack for  convenience