GP-10 output connections

Started by JoBoss, February 13, 2020, 04:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoBoss

Can I connect the Phones Out in the GP-10 to my stage monitor and simultaneously also connect the Left and Right Out to the PA....?  Do I need to do any tweaking in order to obtain signal outputs from the Phones Out as well as the Left and Right Out simultaneously.  Is it possible?  By the way, thanks in advance folks !!   

admin

Anytime the GP-10 Headphone Jack is occupied , it forces the GP-10  Output mode to LINE/PHONES for all Outputs

LINE/Phones Output Mode is the correct choice for feeding GP-10 Main Outputs into a PA

Depending on the venue, Many feed GP-10 into a passive DI Box to prevent ground loops

, or they employ a small mixer for their pedal board if running several other MFX with Cab Sims ,  many mixers provide more flexibility for feeding FOX mix and a Stage Monitor mix

JoBoss

Very well explained and thanks a lot for the swift reply .......

Shakidoby

I have a question about output connections. Can I turn up volume on the headphone out without turning up the main?
Roland Gr-55, Boss GP-10
Gibson Les Paul Studio (1991) with GK-3
Ibanez RG-550XH with GK-2
Harley Benton BM-75 with GK-3

Brent Flash

Quote from: Shakidoby on April 06, 2024, 10:15:33 PMI have a question about output connections. Can I turn up volume on the headphone out without turning up the main?
Do you need the headphone louder? Try a different pair of headphones or in ear because the impedance of what you use can affect how loud they are.

Shakidoby

Quote from: Brent Flash on April 07, 2024, 11:38:24 AMDo you need the headphone louder? Try a different pair of headphones or in ear because the impedance of what you use can affect how loud they are.

No, I'd like to use the headphone out for monitoring over an other amp while using the main to go to the mixer. But my amp is not loud enough by using AUX-in, when it's good for the mixer. Or is the only way to turn the mixer gain down?
Roland Gr-55, Boss GP-10
Gibson Les Paul Studio (1991) with GK-3
Ibanez RG-550XH with GK-2
Harley Benton BM-75 with GK-3

Brent Flash

Quote from: Shakidoby on April 07, 2024, 06:34:14 PMNo, I'd like to use the headphone out for monitoring over an other amp while using the main to go to the mixer. But my amp is not loud enough by using AUX-in, when it's good for the mixer. Or is the only way to turn the mixer gain down?
Sounds like a good thing to try! Probably the easiest if it gets you where you want to be.  8)