Controll change on Boss DR-3 it's possible ?

Started by fozzyme, December 26, 2019, 03:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fozzyme

Hello everyone; I would like the help of those who have been through this before, I would be very grateful: is it possible to control the rhythm changes within the same Boss DR-3 bank by control change midi? because I'm almost taking it apart and welding 8 footswitches on it ... :-[ :-[ thanks and merry christmas to all.

Brent Flash

Brent Flash

Quote from: fozzyme on December 26, 2019, 03:42:38 PM
Hello everyone; I would like the help of those who have been through this before, I would be very grateful: is it possible to control the rhythm changes within the same Boss DR-3 bank by control change midi? because I'm almost taking it apart and welding 8 footswitches on it ... :-[ :-[ thanks and merry christmas to all.
This is from the Owner's Manual:
With the DR-3, you can use MIDI data to do the following.

Use an external MIDI device to play the DR-3
Starting/stopping and synchronizing performances on the DR-3 from a digital recorder or MIDI sequencer
Using the DR-3 to record performances played by external MIDI device

fozzyme

So it is not possible? Damn ... Well, does anyone know of any successful project of moving the buttons outside of it? like, inside P10 female connectors screwed into the housing to connect the switch buttons? I've been looking for days and nothing yet. I'll start this project, because her successor, DR-800, for me is not so practical for live performances, as is my case, I make guitar and voice here in Rio de Janeiro. I give you news soon, thanks guys. :)

ElliotG

What exactly do you want to do with MIDI?

The midi implementation is described on page 117 of the manual.
You can:

• change between presets, The prog.1–50 correspond to the P01–P50, and the prog.51–100 correspond to the U01–U50.
  • switch the drum kits.
  • trigger a drum, percussion or bass note.
  • select a song, or change the position in a song.

fozzyme

Hello friend, thanks for your time  ;), come on: within 1 user bank made by me, change between rhythms, eg: INTRO for A, A for B, B for C, as done with pressing the respective buttons; I thought controll change commands would do that via midi, but  :'(... from what I saw, it doesn't, it changes between banks, synchronizes time, etc; I'm investigating here to open it and solder at the points of the contact key buttons, stretching the wires outside, trying to make it safe and reliable for live performances; I don't have the proget yet, I'm studying the possibilities; I have the RC-300 and the DR-3 from Boss. thanks buddy. :)