Is it possible to copy/upgrade the full feature pack to another AT-200?

Started by TechFixer, December 24, 2019, 05:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechFixer

Hi All,
Years ago I bought an AT-200 and then purchased the full feature pack for it. Ka-Ching $$$
Being a lefty player I bought an AT-200 electronics set off eBay and plan to install it in a lefty Peavey Strat.
My question is since I already purchased the full pack can I connect to the server and upgrade the new electronics?

Thanks,

Techfixer
Hi, I'm TechFixer.... I'm a gear-A-Holic and I have a problem. (Hi TechFixer!!) Pretty much every Roland guitar synth from the GR-50 to the VG-99. Roland VGA amps too. Lefty Line 6 500 Variax (converted to strung righty) FrankenPeavey ATG and Fishman TP

whippinpost91850

As a lefty, I bough a install kit to build a l/h guitar.  I updated mine ,before the server was shut down. It is my understanding if you have a established login you can now get into the server. But I could be wrong.

Never did build that guitar lol

cags12

If you want to transfer from one guitar to the other, yes, it is possible as the server I believe is online.

To "copy" then the official answer is no. Unofficially, maybe.

admin

Quote from: cags12 on December 24, 2019, 06:42:16 AM
If you want to transfer from one guitar to the other, yes, it is possible as the server I believe is online.

To "copy" then the official answer is no. Unofficially, maybe.

They had hoped for higher sales numbers of the Peavey AT-200 and ( still born) Parker ATG
Antares original business model was upselling the feature packs to registered serial number secured  AT-200 guitars.

Transfer is allowed, but duplicating your prior purchased Feature packs to another AT-200 DSP board hardware will present genuine roadblocks as the hardware will report its registered serial number to the ATG Server, which checks credentials and will not allow new purchases or upgrades 

Its one reason on the used market the "ATG Internal Luthier Kit DSP boards hold higher value, as all ATG feature packs are already pre installed   

TechFixer

Well I can always transfer either the packs or the actual board. It's too bad We can no longer purchase the packs. sigh....
When I do the mods and transplant to the new lefty Peavey I'll document with pics and post how it all goes.

Thanks to all who responded and have a safe and wonderful rest of the year!

Techfixer
Hi, I'm TechFixer.... I'm a gear-A-Holic and I have a problem. (Hi TechFixer!!) Pretty much every Roland guitar synth from the GR-50 to the VG-99. Roland VGA amps too. Lefty Line 6 500 Variax (converted to strung righty) FrankenPeavey ATG and Fishman TP