SY-300 - FX Loop

Started by loopman, October 23, 2019, 08:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loopman

Ok, after trying the Meris Enzo into the THRU/Return jacks of my SY-300, I understood that the best solution is to have them working independently, so they have to work in Parallel 
For example imagine the arpeggiator of the Enzo running in backgorund while at the same time I can play different sounds/patches on the SY-300 and viceversa too.
Ok, now my choices are two :
1) EHX Tri Parallel Mixer
2) Boss LS-2 Line selector

with the EHX pedal I'd have a problem, that is it has only One main output, thus when I connect the two Outs of the SY-300 ( for the stereo effects) into the Return 1 and Return 2 of the Tri P Mixer I will loose the stereo image coming from the SY-300,right? It wouldn't be a problem for the Enzo that I'd use in Mono

can the Boss LS-2 help me to keep the stereo image of the SY-300 + the Enzo in mono?

Any ideas/suggestions are welcome

admin

Boss LS-20 is Mono only - it does allow you to select one of two separate Mono Loops

If all effects are in parallel  feeding a mixer, this opens up your options 

This one below is True Stereo

https://empresseffects.com/products/buffer-stereo

loopman

I hadn't heard of the Empress effects solution before...It's nice, but the problem is still that if I use the Loop in 1 & 2 to feed the two SY-300 outputs, then how can I feed the Meris Enzo's Output? I'd need of the another Loop in 3 on the Empress mixer, right? or, I could use the other Input on the Empress Mixer named " Input 2 " for the Enzo out

If only the EHX Tri Parallel mixer Main Output was stereo with a TRS plug cable, I'd use an Y cable to feed the Eventide H9 placed after the Tri Parallel Mixer in my chain

any other suggestions?

Thanks

admin

Quote from: loopman on October 23, 2019, 10:15:50 AM
I hadn't heard of the Empress effects solution before...It's nice, but the problem is still that if I use the Loop in 1 & 2 to feed the two SY-300 outputs, then how can I feed the Meris Enzo's Output? I'd need of the another Loop in 3 on the Empress mixer, right? or, I could use the other Input on the Empress Mixer named " Input 2 " for the Enzo out

If only the EHX Tri Parallel mixer Main Output was stereo with a TRS plug cable, I'd use an Y cable to feed the Eventide H9 placed after the Tri Parallel Mixer in my chain

any other suggestions?

Thanks

DIY

ElliotG

Do you need a mixer for performance (stomp box style) or for a studio?
The Enzo is also very nice in stereo.  I'd suggest looking or at least a 4 ch mixer.
You would mix the 4 outputs down to a stereo pair.

Saturn works has a number of stompbox style mixers:
https://saturnworkspedals.com/product/summer-mixer-pedal/

There are lots of small passive mixer for studio use, just one example:

loopman

Quote from: admin on October 23, 2019, 10:21:08 AM

DIY
do you mean the Y cable? Ok, I already have one : TRS to dual mono TS , but It wouldn't work if the main Out of the EHX Tri Parallel mixer is mono...

Quote from: ElliotG on October 23, 2019, 10:24:05 AM
Do you need a mixer for performance (stomp box style) or for a studio?
I need a little mixer for performance, stomp box style
Saturn seems to be good, I will check it

admin

Quotedo you mean the Y cable?

Roll your own switcher with a soldering iron

loopman

Ok, can you explain me better? If possible, give me an example of what do you mean, because it's important for me to understand how to find a solution to my setup scenario

Thank you so much

Brak(E)man

There's also this mixer/split
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/art-splitmix4
Works great but only in mono OR stereo.
(And can be used as both a mixer and a split at the same time.)
It's cheap, small , lightweight.
You can't turn on off by stomping but Sy can be turn off either by stomping or expression pedal and I imagine that Enzo can to.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Quote from: loopman on October 24, 2019, 02:12:39 AM
Ok, can you explain me better? If possible, give me an example of what do you mean, because it's important for me to understand how to find a solution to my setup scenario

Thank you so much

Most options are listed here - review their individual specs for what you need
https://www.thomann.de/ie/switch_pedals.html

loopman