GT-1: impossible to connect to Win10 Pro

Started by lestatar, August 28, 2019, 06:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lestatar

Hey folks...need help please.   Have gone through with Boss/Roland via email exchanges and tried exactly all of their recommendations with zero luck.   I have had to use an older Win 7 SP1 64bit laptop to connect to the GT-1. 

The GT-1 simply refuses to install properly under my Win10 environment [which is a new Asus i7 8th gen, 16GB RAM].

This has been infinitely frustrating - in fact, I have experienced the very same issue with my Boss Katana 50.

What is the deal with Boss and their stuff not playing nice with Win 10 Pro systems?

I know that not everyone has had these kinds of basic connectivity issues under Win 10 - looking for help/tips from folks that HAVE gotten the GT-1 [and the Boss Katana] to install properly under Win 10.

Cheers and tia everyone!
-les

admin

Must alter the Win 10 security settings to allow Unsigned USB drivers

There are instruction in the READ_ME file inside the BOSS USB driver  Zip download file

Roland /Boss USB Drivers - Get latest Status
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=9763.msg178084#msg178084

https://www.boss.info/global/support/support_news/181003/

SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 10 OCTOBER 2018 UPDATE
No problems related to operation under Windows 10 October 2018 Update have been found in drivers, editors, or other programs provided by Roland.

* Windows 10 October 2018 Update is applied as Windows 10, version 1809. For information on how to determine the version, see here.

Follow the procedures in "Performance Options" for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to carry out the following.

"Performance Options" settings of System Properties
Open File Explorer.
Right-click on "This PC" in the Navigation pane on the left side and select "Properties".
At the left, click "Advanced system settings."
If a dialog box regarding User Account Control appears, click [Yes].
* If you are asked to enter the password of an Administrator account, sign in to Windows as a user whose Account Type is Administrator, then perform the settings again.
Click [Settings] of the Performance section, and then click the [Advanced] tab.
Select "Background services," and click [OK].
Click [OK] to close "System Properties."

Follow the procedures in "Setting the playback/recording device in Windows" and "To uninstall" for Windows 10 April 2018 Update to carry out the following.

Setting the playback/recording device in Windows
Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click "Sound." The Sound window appears.
At the "Playback" tab, right-click the playback device to use, then select "Set as Default Device."
In the same way, at the "Recording" tab, right-click the recording device to use, then select "Set as Default Device."
Click [OK] to close "Sound."

To uninstall
Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse, and then start Windows.
* Also disconnect the USB cable for the product you're using.
Exit all applications before you begin the uninstallation.
* Please wait for about 10 seconds until these applications exit completely.
Right-click the start button and then click "Apps and Features."
From the list, select the driver for the product you're using, then click "Uninstall."
* If the product you're using does not appear on the list, then the driver is not installed. No uninstallation is needed.
A message prompting you to confirm uninstallation appears. Click "Uninstall."
If a dialog box regarding User Account Control appears, click [Yes].
* If you are asked to enter the password for an administrative account, sign in to Windows as a user whose Account Type is Administrator, and then perform the uninstallation.
Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with uninstallation.

Verifying the Version of Windows 10
Click [Start], then [Settings].
Click [System].
Click [About].
The version you're using is displayed.