For Gumtown...

Started by MountainCraft, July 21, 2019, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainCraft

@Gumtown, can you shoot me your eMail address again..  I'm ready to start talking seriously about the GK insert cable I want to build..

Thanks,
Mark

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MountainCraft

MountainCraft

Evidently, it was @Gumbo I needed to contact, not Gumtown..

(how do you embed a video here, anyway?)

gumbo

...but we got there in the end...    ;D ;D 8)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

MountainCraft

Quote from: gumbo on July 24, 2019, 02:46:02 PM
...but we got there in the end...    ;D ;D 8)

Did you get the email I sent you a couple days ago?

gumbo

Hi Mark
I replied to that within 24 hours...
This was sent to your email from "info@synth-linx.com", with your original subject line of "GK Jack"
Have a check on your Inbox.
Cheers,
Peter

MountainCraft

Quote from: gumbo on July 26, 2019, 03:18:43 PM
Hi Mark
This was sent to your email from "info@synth-linx.com", with your original subject line of "GK Jack"
Cheers,
Peter

Okay cool! I must have missed it..
I'll go look again..

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

Quote from: gumbo on July 26, 2019, 03:18:43 PM
Hi Mark
Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Searched more than 100 folders in my email client, and I can't find it...  Not in deleted items or junk mail either...  Spent more than 2 hours searching through more than 12,000 email messages..

I don't think it ever got here..  I generated the original from within this forum.. Maybe that's what caused the issue? I'm going to send you just a short test e-mail directly from my e-mail client, and you can reply directly to that and we'll see if that gets here..

Weird..

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

Okay, just fired off an e-mail..
Respond directly to that, and hopefully it works..

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

@Gumbo,

Did you receive the 2nd email I sent?

Thanks,
Mark

gumbo

Hi Mark. 
You sent me an email on July 25th
I replied to you that day
You sent me another email on July 28th
I resent my original reply to you that day, asking you to confirm that you had received it
I didn't hear back from you and sent you another email on July 29th (to ask whether you got it)
I have not heard back from you until this latest Forum message today

According to my Mac email app, all my messages were properly sent to you and nothing bounced

I am not sure what else I can do...all other messages (both incoming and outgoing) during this time have been processed correctly
HTH
Peter

MountainCraft

Wow! This is weird...  I've never had this situation before....

I wonder if you are somehow being blocked...

I'll have to look into it more.. If I can't find them, I'll have to call my ISP and see what's up...

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

@Gumbo

It's definitely not in any of my e-mail folders..  Even searched junk mail and deleted..
It's somehow getting blocked before it ever gets to me..
Where are you located?
I'll have to call my ISP (which is always fun, those people are evil..  ;D )

Thanks,
Mark

admin

Quote from: MountainCraft on July 30, 2019, 07:21:56 PM
@Gumbo

It's definitely not in any of my e-mail folders..  Even searched junk mail and deleted..
It's somehow getting blocked before it ever gets to me..
Where are you located?
I'll have to call my ISP (which is always fun, those people are evil..  ;D )

Thanks,
Mark

there is also the member to member personal message system

gumtown

Quote from: admin on July 30, 2019, 07:32:28 PM

I was just about to suggest that,

Also handy to keep discussions on the board too, so that any people with similar issues in the future can find an answer.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

Quote from: admin on July 30, 2019, 07:32:28 PM

Thanks for bringing that up, Steve...

Unfortunately Mark needed some 'bulk' information which was better transmitted via a personal email..
...that included significant text and a number of photos (as in the case of all my initial replies to requests for information)
That email was 3.2 mb and not what I would consider suitable for a PM.

..I have no idea why this current problem is manifesting itself...everybody else that I talk to around the Globe is getting all my messages  (from Australia, where I am situated), and confirming that with responses.

I will send Mark another 'test' (personal) email to see whether that gets through..THAT is a one-liner, asking for confirmation of receipt, and in essence no different to the one that I sent him on July 29th..

Thanks to you and Gumtown for your assistance.

Regards,
Peter

gumbo

To Mark:-

I have sent you a one-liner email to the email address you have used to communicate with me in the past.

If that is not received, I would suggest that you send me a short email from a known, working email account of yours and I will attempt to reply to THAT.

I cannot do any more than this at this point.

As stated in my post above, I have (for the past six years) replied to inquiries about Synth-Linx Jacks by asking for a personal email to be sent to   info@synth-linx.com   whereupon I reply in detail to the person with all the information that they require for their personal situation (which can vary a lot from inquiry-to-inquiry).

This system has worked flawlessly for six years and has cut down upon the amount of content passed through the Forum, which I considered was an important thing, particularly given the size and frequency of the messages contained in some of those inquiries.

Whenever something special has brought about further investigation that I believe would be of use or interest to the General Membership, it has filtered through in subsequent posts and/or threads.

99% of the basic information regarding the pricing, delivery and application of the available range of Synth-Linx Jacks is already on the Forum within the threads on the Synth-Linx Child Board...my individual replies to inquiries are conducted to make sure people have access to whatever additional information they require, plus allowing me to reassure them and myself that they have understood what it is they are attempting to achieve, and are on the right track.

Got things to do today...will check in again this evening (my time, here in South Australia)   :-*

HTH

Peter

MountainCraft

Didn't get it...

I'm gonna call them in a few (oh joy!  ::) )

Just to make sure, you sent it to '*******@frontiernet.net' and you sent it from 'info@synth-linx.com' right?

This is very strange...

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

@Gumbo

After what seemed like forever on the phone, guessing an hour, giving them control of my computer, them searching my mail app, their servers, all my settings, etc, they could find no issues on my end.. They have no evidence of these emails ever getting to their servers, and they don't know what to tell me, except that the issue has to be on your end...

Is there another way we can do this?  I can't sign up for a new mail provider, as there is only one ISP available to me here, and to change iit would involve selling the house and moving..  We don't get cell service here, so this is the only way I can get email that I know of..

Maybe I could give you my email address for my online store and you could try sending email to me that way?  I think I also might have an old gmail account too, but not sure if that's set up in my email client..  I'll try to see if I can find the address for that and send myself an email to see if that's still active and set up in my email client..

Thanks,
Mark

kevorkian

Quote from: MountainCraft on July 31, 2019, 11:39:51 AM
@Gumbo

After what seemed like forever on the phone, guessing an hour, giving them control of my computer, them searching my mail app, their servers, all my settings, etc, they could find no issues on my end.. They have no evidence of these emails ever getting to their servers, and they don't know what to tell me, except that the issue has to be on your end...

Is there another way we can do this?  I can't sign up for a new mail provider, as there is only one ISP available to me here, and to change iit would involve selling the house and moving..  We don't get cell service here, so this is the only way I can get email that I know of..

Maybe I could give you my email address for my online store and you could try sending email to me that way?  I think I also might have an old gmail account too, but not sure if that's set up in my email client..  I'll try to see if I can find the address for that and send myself an email to see if that's still active and set up in my email client..

Thanks,
Mark

I simple fix might be to create a quick gmail account just for these communications. You could check it from web and possibly set it to forward to your personal account.

admin

Quote from: kevorkian on July 31, 2019, 11:56:36 AM
I simple fix might be to create a quick gmail account just for these communications. You could check it from web and possibly set it to forward to your personal account.

Agreed!
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en

gumbo

Hi Mark.

Yes, those have been the addresses used for all communications. 
I think you should edit that post and remove your email address so it is not there for all the World to see.

I suggest you try to send ME another email from your account and we'll see if I receive it.

I am dealing with many incoming emails every day, and all my responses hit their respective targets without fail, except yours it would seem. 

The suggestion by others to set up another account seems a good idea on the face of it...I cannot do any more than I have already done.

Cheers,
Peter

MountainCraft

I'll look into it tomorrow...

I'm all burnt out right now of playing with computers..  Trying to get the XR-18 drivers to work on a new laptop, and running into a similar issue I had with it on the last one..  That took 4 days of hell to resolve and no one could figure out how it got resolved..

I'm frazzled..

Thanks,
Mark

MountainCraft

Went out to my email computer to try the gmail thing, but no can do... This may take awhile..

Now my email is completely broke..  This probably happened because I had them mess with it...  I should know better..  They'll have me reconfigure everything as if it's something on my end, but this happens 3 out of 4 times I have them do anything.. It's been working flawlessly for the couple years since they last screwed it up..

Why I hate talking to them.. They'll probably pull the stunt where they recorded me saying 'yes' to something to claim I agreed to a new contract at a higher price again, too..  Ugh..

I loathe telecommunication companies, and this one is the worst of the worst and we can't do anything about it because they are a monopoly..

Hopefully, the server is just down or something.. We lose internet several times a month, but this time it's still up.. We also pay pretty much the highest rate for this wonderful 'service' too...  and there can be as much as 300% difference in price from one neighbor to the next for the same product..

Gonna give it a day to see if it comes back on it's own before I go through the endless maze of automated prompts and the sitting on hold crap again..  We'll get there...

We send billions to third world countries to build fiber optic infrastructure for them, yet we're still in the 90's here..

Can't wait for 5G... 'supposed' to be coming in the next 2 years.. :(

We'll get this figured out, Gumbo..