Line 6 JTV-59 Variax Acoustic Sounds

Started by Charles Beatty, February 19, 2019, 05:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles Beatty

All then recent hype about the Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster motivated me to launch my "Electro-Roots Workshop" YouTube channel with a review of the Variax acoustic sounds.

Much obliged!

Shroudyxx

Good video!

I think the Variax is really under rated for acoustic guitar parts.  I have a bunch high end acoustics but when I discovered years ago how good the acoustic models were on my Variax 600 it's been my go-to for recording.  So much easier than fiddling with mics etc.  just plug, play and sound great.

Also I've found that I can really tear it up on an acoustic solo when I'm working with .10 gauge strings, I have to make sure I still approach it like an acoustic to get that convincing sound.

I also have a Roland GK-3 pickup on my Variax, it pretty, put it an excellent studio tool.

Charles Beatty

Quote from: Shroudyxx on January 28, 2020, 07:03:44 AM
Good video!

I think the Variax is really under rated for acoustic guitar parts.  I have a bunch high end acoustics but when I discovered years ago how good the acoustic models were on my Variax 600 it's been my go-to for recording.  So much easier than fiddling with mics etc.  just plug, play and sound great.

Also I've found that I can really tear it up on an acoustic solo when I'm working with .10 gauge strings, I have to make sure I still approach it like an acoustic to get that convincing sound.

I also have a Roland GK-3 pickup on my Variax, it pretty, put it an excellent studio tool.

Thanks!

TobyB

+1 for acoustic sounds being very useable, especially within a bands mix to a relatively uncritical audience ...
Mine too is enhanced with a pick-up ... but I  have a TriplePlay on mine ... definitely a "high tech guitar"