My new ‘compact’ setup

Started by Gurbz, December 27, 2018, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurbz

So I wiped off the dust of my old vg-88, got a bargain priced tonelab LE for improved amps and added a cube80XL to the other. Results: stereo killer sounds.

My old ART X-15 can control both devices with some nifty ipad apps so here we have my new killer setup  ;D

Talking about compact: it is a good idea to use the art x-15 as midi control center for controlling the vg-88 and tonelab LE. When switched to effects mode the art x-15 footswitches (1-10) are assigned to the fx blocks of both devices and the two pedals take over the native pedals of both devices.

The vg-88 and tonelab can be put in the back of rehearsal space or stage.

I think about putting the vg-88 and tonelab le in a double deck flightcase with drawers to keep the setup compact.

Anybody got a suggestion on a rack or case that supports these dimensions?

Cheers,

Gurbz

Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

sixeight

I guess the Tonelab is wider than a standard flight case....

A DIY solution is probably the most compact.

You know by Dutch standards it isn't compact if you cannot transport it on the back of your bicycle...  ;D

Gurbz

The dutch words eddy van halen (born dutch father/indonesian mother) could remember and reproduce after a question from a dutch reporter about his childhood: "Gewoon doorfietsen jongen" (just keep cycling lad)

Anyway, I just entered an other dutch solution being a cheap keyboard bag (1070mm x 380mm x 120mm). Both devices next to another.

Let's see how that works.

About craigs list or dutch marketplace devices: a new device like a HX stomp is cool but there is so much great gear around for bargain prices with a lot of great sounds inside of them...
Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

Gurbz

And of course a new mididesigner controller layout to rule this setup. ;)
It controls both devices on a 36 songlist preset base.
A few ideas of this layout will be implemented in the katana lay out. Notice how the step buttons work: a cycle of 5, divided in categories.

Grtz,

Gurbz