Headrush GigBoard

Started by admin, September 27, 2018, 11:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27487824/
quantech wrote>
Was able to speak with someone at InMusic support. Apparently, the updater is not compatible with 32-bit Windows versions. Normally I access the Gigboard with an older laptop that's running Win7 32 Bit and it works fine, but for updating, no go. I connected it to a different laptop running a 64 bit OS and it went very smoothly and quickly. All good to go.

admin

Quoteswinginguitar said: ↑
I see. so once you do that, there's no "bank up.down" right? just those 4 rigs?
When you are in this mode, you will see on the screen that if you hold in/step on (for about a second or so) either footswitch 2 or 3 you can change banks up and down, respectively.

Elantric

admin

Use a 2mm Allen Driver to disassemble Headrush/Gigboard

Gigboard Internal Memory Backup Battery = CR1220  3Volt Lithium Coin Cell

(This should not need changing until 2028)

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-CR1220-B-Lithium-Coin-Battery/dp/B0001MQUNI/

Gigboard footswitch = N.O. (Normally Open) SPST momentary Footswitch

https://www.amazon.com/SPST-BUTTON-SWITCH-MOMENTARY-NORMALLY/dp/B006M4ZGOI

luminous_flux

Looks like a pretty solid construction.

sonnyv

i've been through a plethora of modellers (most often with help from this forum):

2 Johnson (effect box and 2x12 amp),
3 Line 6 (Pod and Line 6 Spiders),
1 Behringer,
3 Roland GR,
2 Voicelive Helicon with guitar sims,
5 Vox,
1 Boss GT100,
4 Blackstar,
3 Yamaha THR (10 and THR100HD),
1 BluGuitar Amp1

sold or returned them all (except for Vox Adio GT)
most were very good, but limited

got Headrush Gigboard yesterday.
tone at last, tone at last, great god almighty, i found my tone at last!

admin

Quote from: sonnyv on March 21, 2019, 02:21:44 PM

got Headrush Gigboard yesterday.
tone at last, tone at last, great god almighty, i found my tone at last!

I agree!

(tell your friends - it gets lonely here)

whippinpost91850

I'm curious.. If Headrush is basically a floor version of a Eleven Rack, how different are the tones?

admin

QuoteIf Headrush is basically a floor version of a Eleven Rack, how different are the tones?

IMHO thats a false rumor

For various reasons I hated the Eleven Rack  - I believe mostly because I work on headphones 70% of the time, and the Eleven Rack Headphone Amp did not work well with my ATH-M50X 32 ohm headphones - lots of pops and crackles  which prevented serious use

and the Eleven Rack did NOT support CAB IR files as the Headrush does

I enjoy playing my Headrush  - but the Gigboard is a bit like a Ferrari without a steering wheel  - as it lacks MIDI CC# control for the stomp FX and Looper 

and like most gear these days,  its crucial to await the improved Firmware 2.0 ( trust me today's  beloved Helix sounded like brittle cold crap back in 2015 running firmware 1.0 ) 

so if you read a review of Headrush - ( or any gear) pay attention to the date of the review, and note if the reviewer states which version firmware was used on the unit under review

One of the InMusic DSP Code developers resides 6 miles away from me, and they have re-written bulk of the code and adding new amps and effects to HEadrush which were never in the now 11 year old Avid Eleven Rack   

whippinpost91850

Thanks I was just curious. I'm still looking for a backup for my Kemper and I have a Eleven Rack

sonnyv

when i was shopping the gigboard i did read that the sounds were upgraded from the Eleven

i haven't tried the Helix, but i heard a little more character from Gigboard youtube demos in regards to basic rock amps.
previously the best model i've used for recording is the Vox AC simulation in Peavey Revalver, which i believe to be the best sounding of the VST plugins (but they need to release a version 5 and revamp their interface to keep up with the competition)

admin

^ Great Demo and shows how the Gigboard cleans up when rolling guitar VOL Knob down - (watch and learn)

myksara

This is pretty cool. Does the gigboard beat a GT1000 in terms of ease of use and versatility? I typically use a GT100 in manual mode to go from clean acoustic sim tone to a couple of effects and high gain lead sounds in just 1 patch. I could see that GT1000 can do much more with better sounds than the GT100...My typical use always is going to be the guitar->wireless->multifx unit->mixer & cube street EX as my stage monitor.
I love the ability of GT1000 bluetooth but the touch screen on Gigboard is lovely. How do both GT1000 and gigboard compare after the latest firmware updates?
I am looking at something lightweight and so not considering the big boys Helix or Headrush Pedalboard
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

Elantric

Quote from: myksara on July 12, 2019, 10:53:33 AM
This is pretty cool. Does the gigboard beat a GT1000 in terms of ease of use and versatility? I typically use a GT100 in manual mode to go from clean acoustic sim tone to a couple of effects and high gain lead sounds in just 1 patch. I could see that GT1000 can do much more with better sounds than the GT100...My typical use always is going to be the guitar->wireless->multifx unit->mixer & cube street EX as my stage monitor.
I love the ability of GT1000 bluetooth but the touch screen on Gigboard is lovely. How do both GT1000 and gigboard compare after the latest firmware updates?
I am looking at something lightweight and so not considering the big boys Helix or Headrush Pedalboard

Only 4 footswitches is a deal breaker for many

and its fact the InMusic Headrush Rockchip single board  board computer products (Headrush Pedal Board/ Gigboard) are not as robust vs the Boss products - high casualty rate due to power fluctuations  = "Rainbow @ Power On and no sound
https://www.facebook.com/groups/headrushboard/

and USB ports failing 

But with latest FW 2.1 - I must say the Headrush big board is my current go to favorite  - as its easy to land in good tone land, with far fewer struggles, and its legible Tuner at outdoor gigs

I always use a separate sine wave UPS "AVR"  power conditioner, and I always power down the computer before removing the USB cable - going on 2 years and no issues

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP750LCD-Intelligent-Outlets-Compact/dp/B001E08PF2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=sine%2Bwave%2BUPS&qid=1562952948&s=gateway&sr=8-4&th=1&fbclid=IwAR3kBTJGhsaRAhiL9TnUAkRYVvpw6IzlTPug2AA6g0qy4Kd1bo4a8SJldI8   

myksara

Thank you. Since there are no signs of Headrush units being available in India, I was planning to get one from the UK during my visit there in a couple of weeks. However, taking caution, I will now stick to good ol' BOSS. There is plenty of sales, service & support for BOSS units here. Anyone know of the best deals available in the UK on these units or special discounts for us members on this group?

Also planning to buy the Xvive U2 wireless/ Hope those are excellent as a Sweetwater rep. did swear on those
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

admin

admin

New Gigboard owner, first time posting.  For those of you looking for a good inexpensive case for the Gigboard, check this out:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-TSTAK-II-13-in-Stackable-Flat-Top-Tool-Storage-Case-DWST17807/204404619

By itself, there is a bit of room around the pedal on all sides and the top, but you can buy foam inserts (the box doesn't come with any) for a custom fit:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-TSTAK-Foam-Insert-for-TSTAK-Stackable-Tool-Storage-Organizers-DWST88801/205413375

I'll post a few pics once I get it set up. Literally just got the Gigboard and the box/foam today about an hour ago. Thought this might be helpful to someone.

Elantric