JTV - Arislaf's Realistic JTV Bundle

Started by arislaf, August 02, 2018, 03:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrgroovy

WOW!  I just bought my Variax Standard and I have to admit I as a little underwhelmed at the modelling.  Your bundle sounds SO MUCH BETTER than the stock patches!  Line 6 should hire you to tweak their patches.  Thank you so much for uploading this.  ROCK ON!

arislaf

Quote from: mrgroovy on January 07, 2019, 08:39:23 PM
WOW!  I just bought my Variax Standard and I have to admit I as a little underwhelmed at the modelling.  Your bundle sounds SO MUCH BETTER than the stock patches!  Line 6 should hire you to tweak their patches.  Thank you so much for uploading this.  ROCK ON!

Thank you mate! Your comments certainly made my day! Keep rocking, and enjoy!

Odersfelt

Just trying these out and sound great to me, and balanced all the relative model volumes to be equal. How do I stop myself playing AC/DC riffs with the SG?

arislaf

Quote from: Odersfelt on January 11, 2019, 11:02:33 AM
Just trying these out and sound great to me, and balanced all the relative model volumes to be equal. How do I stop myself playing AC/DC riffs with the SG?

Haha, awesome man, thank you, keep on rocking!

AlakaLazlo

Finally loaded these yesterday evening. Really impressed.  Thank you to OP! Really like the improved Strat and the SG models.
Hexstainocaster, Fender Strat and Electric XII, Godin ACS, Axon AX50 - Moog One, IIP and Mini, SEM, Dot.Com/Moon/STG/FSFX 110, Cubase Pro, 2xMR816, HR824, NS10M, Komplete, Omnisphere/RMX/Trilian, Z3ta+, Analog Lab, Slate MTi2, ML1 and Everything Bundle, Social Entropy Engine, ESQ1, DX7, Lavalamp.

arislaf

Quote from: AlakaLazlo on January 12, 2019, 11:09:35 AM
Finally loaded these yesterday evening. Really impressed.  Thank you to OP! Really like the improved Strat and the SG models.

Thanks for the response, glad you liked them!

gui

Quote from: arislaf on October 05, 2018, 01:04:45 AM
1) Should be the metalizer
2) Telecaster
3)stratocaster
4) Les Paul
5) Thunder and special
6) Jetliner
7) 320
8 ) 335
9) super 400
10 acoustics
11) reso
12) danelectro and sg

Happy you are enjoying it mate! Thank you for posting!
just to confirm, tele and les paul use R billy body right? and many others models with change bodys right? thanks

arislaf

Quote from: gui on January 14, 2019, 01:55:17 PM
just to confirm, tele and les paul use R billy body right? and many others models with change bodys right? thanks

Correct, body swap was intentional, tele and les paul has the r billy.

jarvis1227

I'm new to variax and just downloaded this. A lot of these sound very nice!! thank you for sharing.

arislaf

Quote from: jarvis1227 on January 26, 2019, 07:22:26 AM
I'm new to variax and just downloaded this. A lot of these sound very nice!! thank you for sharing.

Welcome mate! Thank you for your comments!

ginster

The Bundle is great and must have been lot of work. Thank you so much for sharing!
One thing I do not like: The loudness difference e.g. between Tele, Spank and built in Mags is very big. Also modelled Lester and real built in Humbuckers are so different in loudness. Was this intention?
I normalized the loudness of each patch so I can switch to any without having big difference in output.
That is just my opinion. Anyway good job!!!!

arislaf

Quote from: ginster on February 01, 2019, 11:19:18 AM
The Bundle is great and must have been lot of work. Thank you so much for sharing!
One thing I do not like: The loudness difference e.g. between Tele, Spank and built in Mags is very big. Also modelled Lester and real built in Humbuckers are so different in loudness. Was this intention?
I normalized the loudness of each patch so I can switch to any without having big difference in output.

Thank you for trying my bundle and get in effort to reply! As for the loudness, i made it to be equal to my jtv 69s , a strato guitar. So yes, you can say it was made in purpose.

Keep on rocking man!

arislaf

Quote from: ginster on February 01, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

P.s.
If you want reupload the bundle to match your humbuckers jtv, many would apreciate your effort!

ginster

Quote from: arislaf on February 01, 2019, 04:52:43 PM
P.s.
If you want reupload the bundle to match your humbuckers jtv, many would apreciate your effort!
Thanks for your info. Since you have a JTV69 and I own a JTV59 the difference of output is obvious and so are your patches settings.
After fine tuning and reworking I will upload my normalized (adjusted to the humbucker mags) JTV59 bundle. They will be very individual though, my personal taste.
Rock and blues forever

arislaf

Quote from: ginster on February 02, 2019, 03:27:14 AM
Thanks for your info. Since you have a JTV69 and I own a JTV59 the difference of output is obvious and so are your patches settings.
After fine tuning and reworking I will upload my normalized (adjusted to the humbucker mags) JTV59 bundle. They will be very individual though, my personal taste.
Rock and blues forever

Great mate! Cant wait to try them myself!

ginster

Yes, but it will take some time. Will be away for the next weeks.
Will be back soon.
Cheers

Bob_Paul

Looking forward to try this mod out, I own a JTV-89F.  ;D

arislaf

Quote from: Bob_Paul on February 19, 2019, 04:00:31 AM
Looking forward to try this mod out, I own a JTV-89F.  ;D

Go ahead. Yoi gonna love it.

Vettacon

Great bundle arislaf and you need a Patreon/paypal page for your efforts in kicking some life into the variax!  I look forward to your future set-ups and will be checking out your others soon.  Thank you!  Btw, have you made of list of the program quirks you encountered throughout this quest (sans the different bodies, etc)?  I noticed in at least one patch the tone knob was set at 9 vs 10 and maybe just my ears playing tricks, but I thought the tone sounded a bit brighter at 9 vs 10... weird.  Again, awesome job!

arislaf

Quote from: Vettacon on February 19, 2019, 05:19:18 PM
Great bundle arislaf and you need a Patreon/paypal page for your efforts in kicking some life into the variax!  I look forward to your future set-ups and will be checking out your others soon.  Thank you!  Btw, have you made of list of the program quirks you encountered throughout this quest (sans the different bodies, etc)?  I noticed in at least one patch the tone knob was set at 9 vs 10 and maybe just my ears playing tricks, but I thought the tone sounded a bit brighter at 9 vs 10... weird.  Again, awesome job!

Wow, thank you for your great comments! The most difficult quirk if i can call that, was to find all these guitars to sample. A lot of members and friends helped on this quest, by sending me the dry signal of their guitars ( except the gibson 59 that is remodeled after dimarzio anniversary 36 of my own). The rest was just by ear and expirimentation.

P.s. it is true, the tone knob is brighter on 9~8.5 and this is a common phenomeno since the first variax.

For the momment, i am preparing a helix bundle, with ready to mix sounds on all amps, for studio recordings, will be availiable soon. 2 weeks i bet.

I know i should be paid, but i am tottaly against it, i do what i do for free.

The payment for me, is to leave a comment. That is the only thing i like, and appreciate very much comments like yours! So thanks again, and keep rocking!

Vettacon

Arislaf, my wife is going to hunt you down making statements like this "For the momment, i am preparing a helix bundle, with ready to mix sounds on all amps, for studio recordings, will be availiable soon."

And now I'll need to buy a Helix.... just one more applies to effects processors too right?

Cheers!

arislaf

Quote from: Vettacon on February 20, 2019, 12:32:06 PM
Arislaf, my wife is going to hunt you down making statements like this "For the momment, i am preparing a helix bundle, with ready to mix sounds on all amps, for studio recordings, will be availiable soon."

And now I'll need to buy a Helix.... just one more applies to effects processors too right?

Cheers!

Oooooh do it, play a scorpions song to her, and i bet she will forgive you :) you gonna love it.

P.s. let her hunt me, it's been a long way since a woman hunt me even to kill me lol!

Take care man and thanks again for your time and comments!

Bob_Paul

Quote from: arislaf on October 05, 2018, 01:04:45 AM
1) Should be the metalizer
2) Telecaster
3)stratocaster
4) Les Paul
5) Thunder and special
6) Jetliner
7) 320
8 ) 335
9) super 400
10 acoustics
11) reso
12) danelectro and sg

Happy you are enjoying it mate! Thank you for posting!

Hey Arislaf, loved the bundle, specially the Strat model, sounds awesome!!! I have one question only, about the bank 1 of the bundle, which guitar brand/model is it? Thanks man, keep rockin'!

arislaf

Quote from: Bob_Paul on February 25, 2019, 12:26:06 PM
Hey Arislaf, loved the bundle, specially the Strat model, sounds awesome!!! I have one question only, about the bank 1 of the bundle, which guitar brand/model is it? Thanks man, keep rockin'!

Thanks you for your comments! The metalizer is after a gibson flying v with dimarzio dactivators aproximate sound, while the 89, is jtv 89.

arislaf

Quote from: Vettacon on February 20, 2019, 12:32:06 PM

Cheers!

Ahem... Just did the helix stuff and upload it. Fully recomend to try helix native free trial 15 days period with this sounds. You gonna love it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4r7gucctc4ydkye/AACzuVidRrsSbORyqG72fpwSa?dl=0