GR-30-self test number 3

Started by G-bo, May 22, 2018, 06:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-bo

Hi,I was wondering if anyone had any experience with running the self tests in the gr30,specifically test number 3.
   My gr30 gets the error 3.12 and says to check 3 specific ic chips.I have tried the test with 2 different cables(one is brand new
and is the proper gk cable)As far as performance goes it is hit or miss right now.Some symptoms are some stings not triggering
and sometimes they all work fine.As a general rule tho the volume seems low and I have to run the gk3 and the gr30 at full vol
to get a decent level.Much appreciate if anyone has any insight into this self test.Thanks very much,Cheers.

admin

G-bo

Hi admsustainiac,
Thanks for the reply.I have gone through the service notes ,that's where I learned about performing the self tests.I have also done test battery test(#4) and it comes up good.Went through the GR30 faq also but I will look through it again in case I missed something.Not sure if this means anything but when I tap on my individual pickups on the gk3 I hear nothing through the amp,and that's with the amp turned up a fair amount.I thought I would hear a tapping sound like I do if I check my regular pickups(not sure about that one).