Mooer GE300

Started by admin, April 23, 2018, 10:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Quote from: mchad on January 16, 2019, 01:55:24 PM
https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2019-mooer-presents-powerful-ge300-prototype/

"...This monster looks like it will provide a massive amount of power in a floor pedal unit. Powered by two SHARC DSP chips and an NXP crossover processor, it can even do synthesis. The main unit has lots of I/O options and includes 10 customisable footswitch controls, a programmable stereo effects loop, and also an onboard 30-minute looper. Then you have the 108 digital amp models, 164 effects and 43 optional factory cab sims and it also has a handy IR loader function as well.

Tri-Voice Synth

The synth engine is a tri-voice polyphonic synthesis module with controls for waveform, pitch, filters and built-in arpeggiators. Best of all, though, you don't need any special modifications to your guitar for it to work. It runs from a standard guitar pickup!..."

Let's assume they've exploited those SHARC chips to the fullest and created a tone monster. Apparently the unit will also tone capture amps, guitars and cabs. and load IR's.

But that Tri-Voice Synth? If by some miracle they've got that up to SY300 or EHX 9 family standards then that could be a game changer. Especially if they've included separate outputs for the synth tones.

However...that graphical artwork stinks. I'm 183 cm's tall with less than stellar eyesight. I won't see those labels from a standing position with the unit on the floor.

play the GE300 Synth demo  - it demonstrates GE300's ability to play Synth tones polyphonically with chords 

admin

FWIW

EHX - Chinese pirates of Electro-Harmonix software walk the plank!"
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25071.msg181992#msg181992
QuoteShenzhen MooerAudio Co., Ltd., a Chinese manufacturer and marketer of electronic effects pedals, was flagrantly infringing on EHX's copyrighted software. Two of Mooer's effects pedals, an organ simulator named the "Mooergan" and an octave pedal called the "Tender Octaver" included exact copies of the compiled software contained in EHX's C9 Organ Machine and Micro POG pedals.

The infringement was so bold and blatant that Shenzhen Mooer audaciously copied the Electro-Harmonix copyright notice in the software powering the C9 and Micro POG. After becoming aware of this piracy, Electro-Harmonix retained counsel and aggressively sought recourse.

EHX President, Mike Matthews, stated: "Electro-Harmonix has successfully won battles with labor racketeers in the U.S.A. and ruthless mobsters in Russia. After almost two years of fighting the Chinese courts have awarded Electro-Harmonix a nearly six figure judgement. Our victory is now complete and these pirates have walked the plank!"

mchad

Flagrant theft of another party's IP is pretty sad. And so were some of those synth tones in that GE300 video.

admin

I got to play with a Mooer GE 300 today
IMHO  it was so so box.
not quite as impressed as I'd hoped the guitar synth would not track more than three notes at once
I found  headphones amp was weak  with volume and Headphone level maxed out and it  barely had enough drive

The Guitar amp modeling tones  I heard from GE300 were rather average closer to zoom G5n quality.

fificap

Hi,

The global looper with 30 min is a great great improvment for me, is there rythm patterns associated?
What's about the screen, is it easy to read in gig situation? Does it provide a global view of the fx chain with identification of the ones activated?
In term of ergonomy, can you easily assign footswitchs to effects even if they are not contigous in the fx chain of a patch?

Thanks
Philippe

admin

Will be $699

But to be honest I wasn't impressed with its tones the guitar Synth barely supported chords (three notes tops ) really sounded close to an Electro Harmonix C9 which I suspect code is here as well

the GE300 guitar amp modeling was a bit like a zoom g5n

Poor dynamic range , soft played notes responded like on on / off switch

Meanwhile the Hotone MP100 Ampero sounded and felt  superior

ToneZappa

Yet another MOOER GE-300 video. They say it still a prototype but shall be out by May 2019.

admin

admin

admin

ToneZappa

Seems like the GE-300 is finally here

Panthersn

Lets hope it will ship soon.  Honestly if it has the preamp from the Live it will be superb.  I took a chance on the preamp live and it has turned out to be one of the best preamps I have tried.

admin

http://cn.mooeraudio.com/product/GE300-206.html

The Magic Ear GE300 Guitar Sound Processor is a flagship product designed for guitarists to cover speaker modeling, digital synthesis, and integrated effects for professional level performances.

As an extension of the Magic GE guitar comprehensive effects series, the GE300 uses three DSP chips on the algorithm platform to provide excellent computing power. In the control and display, 10 can be fully customizable, color nails and 5-inch full-view IPS screen, coupled with the magical GE series of features of the module switch plastic buttons and physical knobs, complex integrated effects The operation is further simplified.

On the interface side, the GE300 offers a 6.5mm input, MIDI input and output, stereo TRS output and XLR output, stereo FX LOOP, AUX IN and headphone output for any movement in the effect chain, and low latency with dedicated ASIO drive USB interface for sound card function. It also provides a physical knob that can independently adjust the 6.5mm output, XLR output, and headphone output volume. It can be handled in different situations.

With a strong hardware platform to support, the GE300 has made a lot of new breakthroughs in every aspect of the sound. Compared with the GE200, it has a more comprehensive speaker simulation, higher quality peripheral effects, and the total number of effects is up to 317! For the first time, it presents a complex-chord synthesis module consisting of three sets of oscillators, filters, and arpeggiators, as well as a complete body of TONE CAPTURE that supports the capture of guitar preamps, guitar sounds, and box pulse signals.

In the aspect of speaker modeling, the pre- and post-stage simulation based on the magic ear NR nonlinear modeling technology is combined with the IR impulse response box simulation to provide 108 real-sampled NR pre-stages and 11 real-sampled post-stages. Supports up to 2048 sample points and 43 factory cabinet simulations that support dual microphone simulation, and 20 loadable positions support the addition of third-party cabinet simulations for versatile sound extension.

In terms of peripheral effects, the GE300 offers 164 high-quality effects modules based on classic sound modeling or extremely magical features, and provides 256 sound storage spaces to cover most musical styles. In addition, the GE300 has a built-in high-quality stereo LOOPER phrase loop that supports 30 minutes of recording and can be imported and exported via editing software. Capture inspiration, love without words.

Break through your imagination and bring a new sound experience, this is the GE300 guitar sound processor.

The GE300 uses two ADI SHARC DSPs and one NXP RT1052 chip for a total of three DSP chips. The more powerful computing power brings more powerful sound.

Demon's new SYNTH complex synthesizer algorithm debuts with three independently controlled complex oscillators, dynamic filters, and arpeggiators. The user can simulate some other instruments (strings, organs, etc.) by selecting different forms of waveforms, dynamic filters, adjusting their envelopes and filtering parameters, and then combining the arpeggiators to achieve electronic music styles. The module contains five basic waveforms, four filters (three dynamics for each filter), and 50 preferred arpeggiators.

MOOER TONE CAPTURE is a multi-stage dynamic frequency response compensation technology. Unlike Match EQ, Match EQ analyzes and compensates for the "average spectrum" of source and target timbres. The difference in spectrum.

Guitar Capture (Guitar Hearing Capture) and Amp&Stomp Capture in the GE300 analyze the spectrum of the source and target timbres at different velocities, and layered frequency response compensation for different velocities played by the user. Based on the multi-segment IR model of velocity stratification, the hierarchical dynamic response is achieved, allowing the timbre to restore dynamic frequency response at various strengths.

In the GE300, the hearing of the pre-stage, guitar, and box pulse signals is captured.

The GE300 has a total of 108 pre-channels based on Magic-Nonlinear Response ("NR") technology (including pre-amplifiers for electric guitar speakers, pre-stage simulation of acoustic guitar speakers), and 11 real-sampled rear stages. The simulations range from popular classics to retro fevers.

The GE300 has a total of 43 high-quality cabinet simulations with dual microphone pickup and up to 2048 sample points, and 20 loadable bars to support third-party IR cabinet simulation import.

The GE300 offers 164 high-quality effects simulations, including high-quality tuning modules and volume pedal modules, 10 different types of high-quality compression effects simulations, 10 high-quality wah effects, 31 distortions, Overload, Faz single block simulation, 3 simple and effective noise reduction modules, 8 EQ equalization modules to meet different user needs, 75 callable peripheral effects, 14 distinctive delay effects modules and 11 styles Different reverb effect modules. From classic monolithic simulations to the studio's favorite rack effects.

The GE300 features a 30-minute, high-quality stereo LOOPER loop recorder with unlimited stacking and support. Capture the user's instantaneous musical inspiration and leave a wonderful moment.

The GE300 supports the input and output of MIDI signals.

The GE300 supports the connection of PC PC software via USB. It can be used for quick editing of sound, sound backup, third-party IR import, MIDI signal quick editing, LOOPER export, firmware update and other functions through software. And the GE300 also features a low-latency USB AUDIO (sound card) with a dedicated ASIO driver that supports direct internal recording and REAMP functionality.

Based on the pre- and post-stage simulation of the magic ear NR nonlinear modeling technology, combined with the IR impulse response box simulation, the dynamics and feel of the tube speaker are truly restored.

A composite module consisting of three sets of oscillators, filters, and arpeggiators gives the guitar more possibilities.

The innovative TONE CAPTURE intelligent hearing capture technology enables sampling of any guitar, distortion overload monoblock, box head and cabinet IR model.

Built-in 108 real sampling preamps, 164 high quality effects, 43 factory cabinets, up to 2048 sampling points for impulse response cabinet simulation, and support for importing third party IR files

The serial/parallel dual-channel FX LOOP can be set to support the use of your favorite effects and adjust the position of the FX LOOP in the effect chain.

Two-channel TRS and XLR outputs that define different output content depending on the connection scenario.

Supported as a MIDI controlled device, its function and tone switching is controlled by a MIDI controller; it can also be used as a control device to control preset switching of an external MIDI device.

Rich and convenient nailing operation, support a variety of custom features.

The professional low-latency ASIO USB sound card feature provides a one-stop audio workstation solution for guitarists.

The USB interface allows the user to connect to the host computer to edit parameters, backup voices, import IR, firmware updates, and use USB MIDI.

Built-in high-quality stereo LOOPER phrase loop, supports 30 minutes of recording, and can import and export recorded files through MOOER STUDIO.

Based on the pre- and post-stage simulation of the magic ear NR nonlinear modeling technology, combined with the IR impulse response box simulation, the dynamics and feel of the tube speaker are truly restored.

A composite module consisting of three sets of oscillators, filters, and arpeggiators gives the guitar more possibilities.

The innovative TONE CAPTURE intelligent hearing capture technology enables sampling of any guitar, distortion overload monoblock, box head and cabinet IR model.

Built-in 108 real sampling preamps, 164 high quality effects, 43 factory cabinets, up to 2048 sampling points for impulse response cabinet simulation, and support for importing third party IR files

The serial/parallel dual-channel FX LOOP can be set to support the use of your favorite effects and adjust the position of the FX LOOP in the effect chain.

Two-channel TRS and XLR outputs that define different output content depending on the connection scenario.

Supported as a MIDI controlled device, its function and tone switching is controlled by a MIDI controller; it can also be used as a control device to control preset switching of an external MIDI device.

Rich and convenient nailing operation, support a variety of custom features.

The professional low-latency ASIO USB sound card feature provides a one-stop audio workstation solution for guitarists.

The USB interface allows the user to connect to the host computer to edit parameters, backup voices, import IR, firmware updates, and use USB MIDI.

Built-in high-quality stereo LOOPER phrase loop, supports 30 minutes of recording, and can import and export recorded files through MOOER STUDIO.

The high-precision TUNER maintains the pitch of the instrument at any time.

admin

QuoteGE300 UPDATE - - - Thanks to everyone for their support and excitement about the upcoming GE300 Multi Effects Pedal. We are happy to announce that the GE300 is currently available in the China market only.

At this time, information is not available in regard to the final international releasee of the GE300 but we will provide this information as soon as its available! Again, thank you all so much for your patience as we make the GE300 the best Multi Effects solution!

Please note that any internet sellers offering the GE300 at this time are unauthorized sellers and we can not guarantee language or warranty support for your region if purchased from these sellers! Please buy from authorized dealers in your region. If you are unsure, please send us a message on Facebook or email support@mooeraudio.com.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MooerGe300/?notif_id=1553780574687271&notif_t=group_r2j_approved

[48600 Hong Kong Dollars. Works out to about $599 usd]

GE 300 Owners Manual (Chinese)
https://v1.cecdn.yun300.cn/fsite_1804040321%2FGE300%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E5%AE%8C%E6%95%B4%E8%AF%B4%E6%98%8E%E4%B9%A61553668867280.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3Nx7etl920B052tRxSpz2wKhZZwxDGz7WC6SmIsczHwrjU4jSFIVWpWZA

Panthersn

Any best guesses on a release date???  ???   A little bizarre, no pictures or any hype on the Mooer Audio official site.

admin

Quote from: Panthersn on March 29, 2019, 02:12:54 PM
Any best guesses on a release date???  ???   A little bizarre, no pictures or any hype on the Mooer Audio official site.

Mooer GE 300 is now available in China only at this time
http://cn.mooeraudio.com/news/2019-31
Due to to be available worldwide in June 2019 (they are still working on English firmware)

Link to the Mooer GE 300 site:
http://cn.mooeraudio.com/product/GE300-206.html

Manual in Chinese
https://v1.cecdn.yun300.cn/fsite_1804040321%2FGE300%E4%B8%AD%E6%96%87%E5%AE%8C%E6%95%B4%E8%AF%B4%E6%98%8E%E4%B9%A61553668867280.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3Nx7etl920B052tRxSpz2wKhZZwxDGz7WC6SmIsczHwrjU4jSFIVWpWZA

admin

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av48429019

QuoteThe goods ordered in September last year, and then the Moore GE300 that was only obtained in March last year! ! It's really amazing, it gives a lot of presets, and it's a very very interesting preset sound. If you like a friend who shakes back, you will like it very much (* ́∀`)! ! Then, the overall feeling for me is that the sound is super nice! ! There is a mysterious tone of fu78sion, and then there is a set of funk sounds that are particularly nice (✪▽✪) and spring, summer, autumn and winter series! ! The whole effect gives me the feeling that it is a special Chinese fan! Then use the fourth method to connect! The manual actually gave six ways to connect. Hahaha is also expected to live up to expectations! Playability is super high, an order of magnitude better than the brothers! ! Equipment Description: Old ink mark + orange sound

admin

waverider85

Hi, for those who tried the Mooer Ge300, is the price premium worth the upgrade from Mooer Ge200?

I am considering an upgrade from Ge200 but the only additional features i am looking at is the additional cab sims and the tone capture function, i have no need for synth and fx loop

Some qs:

Can the tone capture function copy the sound from different guitars and amps and store them permanently as a preset in the pedal? (e.g making a les paul sound like a strat's twang)

Is there a significant improvement on the effects and cab sims quality compared to ge200?

Thanks

Elantric

Quote from: waverider85 on April 30, 2019, 08:15:00 AM
Hi, for those who tried the Mooer Ge300, is the price premium worth the upgrade from Mooer Ge200?

I am considering an upgrade from Ge200 but the only additional features i am looking at is the additional cab sims and the tone capture function, i have no need for synth and fx loop

Some qs:

Can the tone capture function copy the sound from different guitars and amps and store them permanently as a preset in the pedal? (e.g making a les paul sound like a strat's twang)

Is there a significant improvement on the effects and cab sims quality compared to ge200?

Thanks

I played the Mooer GE 300 at 2019 Winter NAMM show  - It still seemed to be a prototype as they were utilizing an external headphone amp because the built in one had very weak output (as I confirmed by plugging in directly )

I found the Modeling to be the same as GE 200

and I found the Hotone Ampero to be superior, compared to the MOOER, I found Ampero amp modeling significantly more refined, better effects too (inherited from the popular Hotone XTOMP)  ,and Ampero had a  much better headphone amp  - huge reason I prefer Ampero as I use this on headphones 90% of the time     

Its also  possible the version of the Mooer GE 300 available this summer 2019 may be different from the version i tried last January at NAMM.

If you read the manual for the GE 300, there a lot of attractive features - but the Tone Matching was not working last January, and the Guitar Synth tracking was on par with SY-300 

admin

mchad

1200+ dollars in Australia. (the GT1000 is not much more).

I had a quick scan through the manual. It's got lots of stuff under the hood. But it comes down to quality of sound doesn't it.

https://v1.cecdn.yun300.cn/fsite_1804040320%2FGE300_Manual_EN1558686606945.pdf