EHX announces the BAG9 Bagpipe Machine!

Started by Bill Ruppert, April 01, 2018, 08:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ruppert

EHX announces the BAG9 Bagpipe Machine!
Whats under the kilt?
Why its the new BAG9 Bagpipe Machine featuring 9 great bagpipe sounds guaranteed to haunt and disturb your family, friends and neighbors!
Increase your gigs, as the BAG9 will give you access to play funerals, parades, battle fields and any number of drunk bar gigs on St Patrick's day.
Squeeze the bag...the EHX BAG9!
Available 4-1-2018
MAP $375.42

sixeight

chrish

I hope ehx included a breath controller that supports an actual bag for the proper modulation ;D

joaobraga

That's new indeed!
For now I just miss Bill's demo of the unit, as usuall it will be awesome for sure.
I wonder how he's gonna demo the 4th sound - Kilt Lifter  ;D

HecticArt

I'd go for it if it was $374.99, but at $375.42, it's too rich for my blood.
I'm out.

shawnb

Now I can play "Big Country" and "It's a Long Way to the Top"!   And...   And...  Amazing Grace?

I'm feeling dense.  I honestly can't tell if this is an April Fools post or not. 

When I first saw this, my first reaction was - but how do they do that tuning above b-flat thing?   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aliensporebomb

To quote the lady who wanted the model of the sailing ship in "Napoleon Dynamite":  "I want this".

My wife even said "Oh my God, you should have this!"

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Headless68

its the one thing lacking on the VG99 :-)

admin

Still waiting for the Kaz9 with 9 types of Kazoos

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/26151482/
QuoteNext will be the EHX 'NAG 9' which will have nine different similulations of my wife giving me grief. Help!!!!

gumbo

Quote from: admsustainiac on April 01, 2018, 02:14:12 PM
Still waiting for the Kaz9 with 9 types of Kazoos

Headless68 will be the first customer... 8)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

CodeSmart

Johndh wrote on Gear page:

A few years ago we were in a casual "Battle of the Bands" for oldies. Our rivals had a secret weapon: a real Scottish dude in full highland regalia and bagpipes, leaping onto the stage to play that solo. But there was a problem. The band had rehearsed, and he had practiced, but not together. The band played in a key of A, as you do when you are an amateur. But bagpipes can only play in B-flat! There was blood everywhere! Cats and small children ran screaming from the building! hee hee...
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

And you all think it's an April Fools gag  ;)

To work properly it has to also produce a 3 note drone in Bb, each drone slightly off tuned.
And the ability to re-tune the drones to A or B, because who plays in B flat, right?

I did a nice GR-55 Bagpipes patch, using 2 PCM bagpipes drones, one slightly off tune a few cents from the other, using the Tone Hold on the CTL pedal (pluck the Bb note before the song and Hold), then use the EXP pedal to mix in the Hold Drone tones, with a little pitch bend up to '0' to simulate an inflating bag as the tone builds up in volume.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

aliensporebomb

Quote from: Headless68 on April 01, 2018, 02:10:29 PM
its the one thing lacking on the VG99 :-)

I wondered about creating something with the PIPE model on the VG-99 but am not sure it would sound reedy enough, or maybe too reedy - anyone want to try doing this?  I found that the patch I created sounded a little bit like a sharper version of the GR-Heaven patch in the factory presets on the 99. 

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

chrish

Quote from: gumtown on April 02, 2018, 05:04:23 AM
And you all think it's an April Fools gag  ;)

To work properly it has to also produce a 3 note drone in Bb, each drone slightly off tuned.
And the ability to re-tune the drones to A or B, because who plays in B flat, right?

you're right it may not be an April 1st gag. ;)

https://www.ehx.com/products/eh-pedal-bag

shawnb

Check out the update at the very bottom...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Rhcole

Awww, shoot. This trumps my announcement of the new "Cow9" pedal. It would have offered the realistic farm animal sounds that guitarists have been wanting for years. Bill Ruppert would have done the video featuring his rendition of the final section of "Good Morning, Good Morning" from the Beatles Sgt Peppers album.

admin

Quote from: Rhcole on April 02, 2018, 11:41:44 AM
Awww, shoot. This trumps my announcement of the new "Cow9" pedal. It would have offered the realistic farm animal sounds that guitarists have been wanting for years. Bill Ruppert would have done the video featuring his rendition of the final section of "Good Morning, Good Morning" from the Beatles Sgt Peppers album.

Need the MOO9 for that

HecticArt

Awe man, I was ready to cave and pay the $375.42.

SY.Borg.300

EHX has sold 10k units of the Bag9. All but one unit was sold in SCOTLAND!.

That one unit? Rumour is it was bought by the grandson of James Doohan. Beam me up...

arkieboy

Quote from: shawnb on April 01, 2018, 10:49:15 AMI honestly can't tell if this is an April Fools post or not

I checked the date too!  Today that is, I missed this first time round :-D
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4