Gr-1 Schematics

Started by mercury1, March 01, 2018, 05:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mercury1

Does anyone have a copy of the Gr-1 schematic or a link where I can download it ? I recently noticed a funky smell when I powered up so I opened it up and found 3 capacitors oozing their goo. Thats easy enough to replace however I also noticed two transistors that are fried beyond reading their part numbers ( might have to do with the card reader I don't use, but I thought I would replace them anyway while I'm in there)They are Q2 and Q3 . The unit still functions and I would hate to loose it after 25+ years
Gr-55, Gr-33, Gr-1, Vg-88, Jamman looper, Brian More 88.13  ,/ 8.13 , Fender hm strat( gk-3 ), Hammer( int gk-2) , Behringer V-ampire Lx1200 / fcb1010

Elantric

Quote from: mercury1 on March 01, 2018, 05:50:15 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the Gr-1 schematic or a link where I can download it ? I recently noticed a funky smell when I powered up so I opened it up and found 3 capacitors oozing their goo. Thats easy enough to replace however I also noticed two transistors that are fried beyond reading their part numbers ( might have to do with the card reader I don't use, but I thought I would replace them anyway while I'm in there)They are Q2 and Q3 . The unit still functions and I would hate to loose it after 25+ years
http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Roland/ROLAND_GR-1_SERVICE_NOTES.pdf

mercury1

Thanks Elantric ! I will check it out
Gr-55, Gr-33, Gr-1, Vg-88, Jamman looper, Brian More 88.13  ,/ 8.13 , Fender hm strat( gk-3 ), Hammer( int gk-2) , Behringer V-ampire Lx1200 / fcb1010

mercury1

Gr-1 is up and running with no bad smell after replacing the three bad caps. Still haven't located the transistors yet ,but I now remember the roland tech asking me if I used the card reader when I had it serviced years ago and that it would take longer to repair, so I passed on that as he had a work around because I would probably never use the cards. Anyway ,morale to the story : Use it or lose it. I thought I had kept my stuff powered up enough, but a little too much time went by and some caps went bad. I got lucky this time . Thanks Elantric for the schematic link and thanks to the guy with the Gr-1/Casio mg-510 question that made me dig it out in the first place