Katana LiveSet Printer

Started by are, February 07, 2018, 06:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are

Playing around with my Katana 100 I got a bit confused about the LiveSet settings: very well editable with a PC but quite obscure when being at rehearsal or at a gig. (searching for some FX that's in 1 Patch, only ...).

I remember the day when I got my amp: it was quite helpful to have the small overview of settings, hanging on the handle of the amp. After a short while I lost mine and over time the sheet would have gotten more and more useless (because changing the settings, switching to firmware version 2 ... ).

So I wrote a tiny Java application that allows printing the applied AmpType, PreampType, FX etc. to a DIN A4 sheet of paper in the same manner as the default settings-sheet.

You may download the Java application as a binary from the Bitbucket-Repo
https://bitbucket.org/reichart/katana-liveset-pretty-printer/downloads/
but you are (of course) free to clone the project and apply your own changes, enhance the application and hopefully notify me with a pull request so that other users can profit, too. The application is licensed Apache 2.0.

Current version is a in fully functional Beta-State ( 0.8 ), but there may still be some issues.

The UI is quite basic and the functionality may be described as:

• Load a .tsl File (from the BOSS Tone Central Application)

• Export a .pdf File for printing

admin

Quote from: are on February 07, 2018, 06:38:42 AM
Playing around with my Katana 100 I got a bit confused about the LiveSet settings: very well editable with a PC but quite obscure when being at rehearsal or at a gig. (searching for some FX that's in 1 Patch, only ...).

I remember the day when I got my amp: it was quite helpful to have the small overview of settings, hanging on the handle of the amp. After a short while I lost mine and over time the sheet would have gotten more and more useless (because changing the settings, switching to firmware version 2 ... ).

So I wrote a tiny Java application that allows printing the applied AmpType, PreampType, FX etc. to a DIN A4 sheet of paper in the same manner as the default settings-sheet.

You may download the Java application as a binary from the Bitbucket-Repo
https://bitbucket.org/reichart/katana-liveset-pretty-printer/downloads/
but you are (of course) free to clone the project and apply your own changes, enhance the application and hopefully notify me with a pull request so that other users can profit, too. The application is licensed Apache 2.0.

Current version is a in fully functional Beta-State ( 0.8 ), but there may still be some issues.

The UI is quite basic and the functionality may be described as:

• Load a .tsl File (from the BOSS Tone Central Application)

• Export a .pdf File for printing

Great

FWIW  - I believe Gumtowns Katana FX FLoorboard editor also supports printing out all effects settings
See Patch Summary

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20625.0

Patch Text Summary
=============
Wed Feb 7 10:00:12 2018
Boss KATANA Compact Patch Summary
a listing of active only effects.

Patch name = default

********** Signal Chain **********
Input --> [Booster]-[MOD]-[PreAmp]-[N.S.]-[Foot Vol]-[Send/Return]-[Delay]-[FX]-[Reverb]- -> Output

********** Pre Amp ***********
[PREAMP: Type] = JC-120
[PREAMP: Gain] = 40
[PREAMP: T-Comp] = 0
[PREAMP: Bass] = 48
[PREAMP: Middle] = 47
[PREAMP: Treble] = 57
[PREAMP: Presence] = 50
[PREAMP: Level] = 75
[PREAMP: Bright] = Off
[PREAMP: Gain SW] = Middle

**********Reverb***********
[REVERB: On/Off] = On
[REVERB: Type] = Plate
[RV: Reverb Time] = 2.2 sec
[RV: Pre Delay] = 75 ms
[RV: Low Cut] = 250Hz
[RV: High Cut] = 6.00k
[RV: Density] = 5
[RV: Effect] = 57
[RV: Direct Mix] = 100
[RV: Spring Sens] = 50

**********Master***********
[Master: Patch Level] = 200 %
[Master: BPM/Tempo] = 120
[Master: Master Key] = C (Am)
[Master: Master Beat] = 4/4

**********MOD***********
[MOD: On/Off] = On
[MOD: Type] = 2X2 CHORUS
[2CE: Xover Freq] = 160Hz
[2CE: Rate] = 29
[2CE: Depth] = 45
[2CE: Pre Delay] = 1.5ms
[2CE: Low] = 40
[2CE: Rate] = 29
[2CE: Depth] = 50
[2CE: Pre Delay] = 1.5ms
[2CE: High] = 50
[2CE: Direct] = 65

Jsp775

So I wrote a tiny Java application that allows printing the applied AmpType, PreampType, FX etc. to a DIN A4 sheet of paper

Great idea! With all the Katana options, it's easy to lose track of which knob controls what effect~