GT-1 - How to reamp?

Started by John.Doe, May 19, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John.Doe

Can't understand how to re-amp a dry track. I'm using Mixcraft 6.1. Wtih GT1-100 everything just works fine, with gt-1 hearing only dry sound :(
More details: added dry track to an empy project, connected gt-1 (firmware is up to date), plugged phones in gt for monitoring, set gt for in and out in Mixcraft settings.
No recording, no processed signal in the phones, volume pedal doesn't affect - it's monitoring just a dry signal like a soundcard.
What i'm missing?
Katana 112 : Vox NT15H-G2/V112NT-G2 : BOSS GT-1000 : Boss GT-100 : Boss GT-1 : LP Standard 2008 : Fender Strat MIM : PRS SE 22

Elantric

Quote from: John.Doe on May 19, 2017, 01:45:47 PM
Can't understand how to re-amp a dry track.
What i'm missing?

There are very specific steps involved with Boss GT-1 Re-Amping

The Re-Amping  procedure is very similar to the one used for Boss GT-100

see video at 6:50 minutes

John.Doe

Quote from: Elantric on May 19, 2017, 02:34:48 PM
There are very specific steps involved with Boss GT-1 Re-Amping

The Re-Amping  procedure is very similar to the one used for Boss GT-100

see video at 6:50 minutes

Thanks a lot for such a rapid responding! Looks like i do everything right, however failed to succeed. Will check everything carefully.
Katana 112 : Vox NT15H-G2/V112NT-G2 : BOSS GT-1000 : Boss GT-100 : Boss GT-1 : LP Standard 2008 : Fender Strat MIM : PRS SE 22

Elantric

Upon further review - Sadly it appears the "Re-Amping" feature of Boss GT-100 / GT-001 is omitted and not available on Boss GT-1

John.Doe

It's a pity.
Thank you for clarification.

billbax

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to report success with re-amping GT-1. My first two unsuccessful attempts were with my souped-up Roland VS1880 workstation, which sounded dreadful adjusting GT1 hi-gain patches - impedance and levels mis-match etc.

The trick is to acurately match GT-1 guitar input levels with a DAW line-out level, which can easily be achieved by using the GT-1 looper. In Cubase, I recorded the same riff and simply level matched it with GT1 guitar input - Success! And it sounded identical to the looper recording. The recorded 'clean guitar' Cubase channel output level was set to -27dB for looper tone match. Ideally, I'd prefer to drop the 27dB using a different method, perhaps a resistor network or a 10k pot, But that's something else to tinker with and think about.

No more GT1 play a bit, adjust a bit.

Bill