Rick Beato - Everything Music YouTube Channel

Started by admin, April 20, 2017, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin M

mchad

This is a great song. Wonderful melodies. And as it turns out, more nuanced that I ever imagined.

Kevin M

Saw that one the other day.  Pop music at its finest; the whole album is great.

aliensporebomb

So cool and Brian May is the icing on the cake!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

pasha811

Quote from:  mchad on September 09, 2021, 06:03:38 PM

One of my favorite songs, reloaded.
Rick Beato is great at dissecting songs and this video is no exception! :)
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

BMapson

Rick's stature has grown immensely.  There's nobody else quite like him, and he's got the deep theoretical knowledge as well as the chops to really dig into everything that's happening.  More than this, he has the ability to break it down in such a fundamental way that even non-musicians can listen and enjoy his presentations. 

I enjoyed this interview and format.  He's got plenty of wonderful interviews with some of the greats.

mchad

Kevin M

Wonderful interview. Rick looks like he's totally enjoying it. I've had the extreme pleasure of seeing him live a few times (most recently just about 3 weeks ago). He always comes across as a genuine person, with great stories, and even greater guitar playing.

plexified

Fantastic Spotlight on Tommy and stunning playing on a never played before guitar with odd gauge strings and probably still wet.

Tommy has a remarkable insight on the approach to Melody, playing for The Song and for the Audience Feedback. He lets the people decide. I also enjoyed how he discusses the work necessary and how his influences seamlessly blend into who he has become as an artist. Its a laser line view into what it will take, how hard you have to work and how these gems evolve over time, maturity and crowd feedback.

In addition to Tommy's Lessons this is a very uplifting insight to the masters loft. The ending Mike Dawes jam was extremely deflating from such a high note. Big mistake Rick. You pumped up Mike for too long and the performance fell upon its face like that kids scoop of ice cream just falling off their cone onto the ground on a steamy hot summer day. Many lessons to learn here !

admin

Neural Quad Cortex demonstrated

admin

good interview with Derek Trucks-

at 3:50 min, he points out the requirement to re EQ the guitar to avoid the speciific resonant frequency  of the venue, else guitar can get lost in the mix

points out my own recommendation to not lock onto one Cab IR sim, but understand the frequency response of each CAB IR sim, and requirement to possibly swap to a different CAB IR & EQ  that is better suited to the venue

BMapson

Steve Morse playing with a GK-3 and what looks like a GR-55 in this interview.  Very cool.

MarkFromHawaii

Today, Rick Beato interviewed the legend, Steve Morse. Check out the GR-55 Steve is plugged into as well as the classical that looks very much like a Godin Multiac.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Kevin M

Quote from: MarkFromHawaii on December 29, 2023, 05:22:07 PMToday, Rick Beato interviewed the legend, Steve Morse. Check out the GR-55 Steve is plugged into as well as the classical that looks very much like a Godin Multiac.

Absolutely wonderful interview with this legend.

pasha811

Great interview!
...no normal PU cable spotted...interesting

dfalck

Steve talks a bit about his guitar synth setup here:

VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.

aliensporebomb

Morse is incredible, always has been.  And his re-engineering his guitar playing to accommodate his tendonitis and arthritis situation is inspiring.  Great interview!

The electric guitar he plays here is Steve Morse model Serial #1 which has years and years of wear. 

The classical is a Buscarino which has a hex bridge as well. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

HecticArt

And the GR55 ain't dead!

He's a thoughtful guy and seems really down to earth. 

Steve used to write an article for Guitar for the Practicing Musician called "Open Ears" that I used to read back in the 80's. The premise changed a lot of things for me as a guitar player. The idea of open ears was that even if you don't really like something, like a particular style of music, that you can find something worth-while if you open your ears and give it a chance. As a teenager into rock and roll, I shut out country, disco, jazz, and a lot of other kinds of music. I took the articles to heart and gave other things a shot. I realized that country players have some incredible technique, jazz players have chords and textures, disco had the rhythm and attitude, and so on. I enjoy a lot of different kinds of music now, I think in part to him. I never really learned to like most country but have been able to pick up some good techniques here and there. 

pasha811

Quote from: HecticArt on December 30, 2023, 12:08:56 PMAnd the GR55 ain't dead!

He's a thoughtful guy and seems really down to earth. 

Steve used to write an article for Guitar for the Practicing Musician called "Open Ears" that I used to read back in the 80's. The premise changed a lot of things for me as a guitar player. The idea of open ears was that even if you don't really like something, like a particular style of music, that you can find something worth-while if you open your ears and give it a chance. As a teenager into rock and roll, I shut out country, disco, jazz, and a lot of other kinds of music. I took the articles to heart and gave other things a shot. I realized that country players have some incredible technique, jazz players have chords and textures, disco had the rhythm and attitude, and so on. I enjoy a lot of different kinds of music now, I think in part to him. I never really learned to like most country but have been able to pick up some good techniques here and there. 

Agree 100% music is a great gift and must be listened overall. Steve is a great musician and character.

gumtown

Great interview with Steve Morse !!
Great playing techniques.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric