GR-30 - Seamless patch switching?

Started by AngeloEvs, October 25, 2016, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngeloEvs

Is the patch switching seamless on the GR30 (like the GR1)?

The GR55 has a dead zone when switching  patches and I cannot access the internal tones via midi, since I only use synth tones, would prefer to add to my GR1 with any model Roland Synth that has seamless switching and the ability to trigger the internal tones.  The GR30 looks like a good candidate.

Elantric

GR-30 and GR-33 change patches far more swiftly,  compared to GR-55.

AngeloEvs

Many thanks,. I would be happy with just the GR1 but it doesn't have  the range of voice tones found on the GR30 ( oohs and aahs).  The GR1 expansion board has a few voice tones but getting one is a problem these days, having said that, I have no idea how good they are.    I will either keep the GR1 as a backup ( I like the orchestration tones and seamless transition between patches) and use the GR30 as my main synth or, alternatively, use the GR1 to trigger the GR 20 internal tones.

I am not a midi expert but understand that it can be done and I am assuming that all six strings will sound on the GR20 if used as a external sound module via midi in from the GR1 midi out.

Chrisfromiowa

Tip of the tip of the tip of the tip of the the tip of the tip of the tip of the unimaginably huge iceberg......

admin

GR -20 is a different animal ,IMHO more of a toy and not in same league as GR-33 ( which BTW remains Steve Vai's favorite)