SY 300 tone studio install on windows 7

Started by krma777, June 23, 2016, 11:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krma777

Hi everyone,
I searched for this topic but doesn't seem like many people had this issue when trying to install Tone Studio on win 7.
The file unzips, but then... nothing more happened.
I tried it 50 times today, as administrator or not, without anything connected to USB ports, also shut down Avira, rebooted 10 times  etc.
I asked for help to Boss europe online support but didn't have any answer yet.
Did anyone had this troubles installing TStudio on win 7 ?

nb : I updated the firmware to 1.03 without any problem, so I assume the driver works properly.
Maybe is there another location to download the install file already unzipped ? Looking for solutions.
Thank you in advance if anyone knows what to do.
Best.

Elantric

Installation sequence for  Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 is a royal pain IMHO.

It can take 10 minutes or 1 hour, depending on your internet access

You must be connected to a high speed internet connection and dedicate time to allow the Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 to locate the Adobe server and install  Adobe AIR runtime environment

read the guide here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15397.0

BBach

I had this problem. Try doing a factory reset. It will retain the updated firmware. If your experience is like mine, tone studio will recognize your SY 300 after the reset.  Menu>System>Factory Reset

krma777

Thanks to both of you. But as far as I understand your answers, you assume tone studio can't communicate with the unit, but my problem is "before" this point. I just can't run the install file on Windows 7 (I tried to download on every Boss Mirror site), although the driver works fine.
The Tone Studio software just won't install after unzip...

I'll try the factory reset, just in case.
Thank you.

Elantric

The latest Boss Tone Studio for SY-300 version 1.01 will install without the need for the SY-300 being  present and connected via USB.

get THE ZIP file here
http://www.boss.info/support/by_product/sy-300/updates_drivers/350622

After download you must extract  /unzip all files

On Win7, you need to "Run as Administrator" to launch the "Boss Tone Studio for SY-300.exe" installation file

Be sure to read the "BTS_SY-300_e03_W.PDF"  instructions too.
---

Update history
[ Ver.1.1.0 ]

Functionality Improvements
Librarian's "multiple patch copy," "multiple patch overwrite," "multiple patch move," and "multiple patch delete" are now supported.
Multiple patch copy to the unit is supported.
Moving live sets is now possible.

DOWNLOAD AND EXPAND THE ARCHIVE FILE
Download the file named "bts_sy300_w110.zip".
It is an archive file in zip format, please double click on the file to expand. After expanding the file, "BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300.exe" will be appeared.

HOW TO INSTALL
When Using BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300 Ver. 1.0.0
Before you install the new version, you must first uninstall the version of BOSS TONE STUDIO that you're currently using.
* Uninstalling the program does not delete live sets saved in the Library.

- Verifying the Version
Start TONE STUDIO, and in the lower right of the screen, click the [SYSTEM] button.
Click the [Device] button.
The version of TONE STUDIO that you're using is displayed.

- Uninstallation Procedure
Click the Windows [Start] button.
Click to select [Control Panel] - [Uninstall a program] or [Control Panel] - [Programs and functions].
In the list, click "BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300" and then click the [Uninstall] button.

Copy the "bts_sy300_w110" folder to the drive of your computer.
Double click the BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300.exe just downloaded to start installation.
Follow the instructions in the dialogue boxes to proceed.
When the "Installation has been completed." message appears, click [close] to finish.

STARTING THE APPLICATION
Turn on SY-300.
Connect SY-300 and computer with USB cable.
Double click the BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300 icon.
Selection screen of connecting device will appear for the first time you run the software. (After the second time running, the device will be chosen automatically.)
Select SY-300 and click [OK].
* The device can be changed from the SYSTEM.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8.1
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 8
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo or faster
RAM
1GB or more
Resolution
XGA ( 1024 x 768 ) or more

* Internet connectivity is required for using functions of TONE CENTRAL and downloading updated version of TONE STUDIO. (Please note that you might be charged for packet fee depends on your connectivity service.)
* This software has been found to work on typical computers that meet the above requirements, but we do not guarantee that it will operate on all such computers. Please be aware that differences in design or conditions of use may produce differences in the processing power of otherwise similar computers.

Elantric

QuoteThe Tone Studio software just won't install after unzip...

Might a problem with your internet.

Mid way through the BTS for SY-300 installation sequence you should see a pop up message indicating:
"Adobe AIR now being installed "  -be sure you have a solid fast internet connection so the BTS installer can locate  / access the Adobe AIR   download server for your region

krma777

Ok, finally after cleanings and reboots, I reinstalled Adobe AIR and it launched Tone Studio install...
Thanks for your help.