Eventide H9 Max

Started by Elantric, January 12, 2016, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovernorSilver

Good catch sir.

I somehow missed that acousticglue bought his H9 from Sweetwater and it was Sweetwater that sold him a demo unit.

They seem to be really good at customer service.  I'm sure they'll resolve it if you call them up on the phone and talk to them without profanities and such.

Frank

I have one of these, the MIDI implementation is great, the product support is also great: I bought one that had previously been registered to someone else and they transferred it to my account in a few hours.
The user forum is also great; actual Eventide engineers respond to you and implement new features based on feedback and user polls.
It's definitely far from abandonware-Roland take note.
The VG-99 (pick any other Roland/BOSS product) could have benefited from this kind of development behind it, although the user base for the VG-99 was a lot smaller, I for one would have gladly paid for this type of support and development from Roland, it just so happens that Eventide offers it free if you buy an H9.
Now if only they'd hurry up with the Android app...

Elantric

acousticglue

I didn't in the end abandon Eventide although the unit was returned. I have since purchased Quadrovox for PC. So for all my needs I have that alongside ReplikaXT, Soundtoys and Valhalla. You can def get synthy sounds out of all these. Haven't turned on Sy300 enough and used with these as well. Will get there. Wish didnt have to work for living.

HAMERMAN409

I recently picked up a used H9 Standard. The previous owner didn't unregister so I had to take a picture of the serial number and send it to them. It took three days or so to happen but other wise went smoothly. Generally speaking this product is out of my price range but I bought it broken at a good price and was thankfully able to repair it pretty easily.

I have been aware of the H9 for some time and had mostly overlooked it because it was yet another product that relied heavily on a buggy/clunky/short-lived iPhone interface. I was very happy to see that they also offered a PC interface since those seem to hang out for a lot longer and you can often keep them on life support with an old PC. Turns out I sold Eventide short because the IOS interface is excellent and should serve as a model to other equipment manufacturers as a way to do things right. Besides being intuitive and stable the interface has some excellent extras built in like documentation, firmware upgrades and sound samples. The app also lets you try out algorithms that you don't own so you can try before buying. I was skeptical about using a Bluetooth link but now that I have used it I really like not having to worry about one more cable.

admin

Quote from: HAMERMAN409 on February 09, 2018, 10:18:55 AM
I recently picked up a used H9 Standard. The previous owner didn't unregister so I had to take a picture of the serial number and send it to them. It took three days or so to happen but other wise went smoothly. Generally speaking this product is out of my price range but I bought it broken at a good price and was thankfully able to repair it pretty easily.

I have been aware of the H9 for some time and had mostly overlooked it because it was wet another product that relied heavily on a buggy/clunky/short-lived iPhone interface. I was very happy to see that they also offered a PC interface since those seem to hang out for a lot longer and you can often keep them on life support with an old PC. Turns out I sold Eventide short because the IOS interface is excellent and should serve as a model to other equipment manufacturers as a way to do things right. Besides being intuitive and stable the interface has some excellent extras built in like documentation, firmware upgrades and sound samples. The app also lets you try out algorithms that you don't own so you can try before buying. I was skeptical about using a Bluetooth link but now that I have used it I really like not having to worry about one more cable.

I suggest sell it and wait for a H9 Max

the H9 features are sold as a shopping cart for each new effect - you could pay more than you paid just for the H9 Standard hardware 

the H9 max has unlimited lifetime updates and all effects

I got a gently used H9 Max for $450 3 years ago.

admin

Eventide Announces Availability of Highly Anticipated H9 Control Android App for H9 Harmonizer® Effects Processor
Eventide is proud to announce availability of the new H9 Control App for Android devices — providing users with the ability to manage parameters, presets, and settings for its popular H9 Harmonizer Effects Processor stompbox family.

Eventide's H9 Harmonizer is a powerful effects pedal perfect for live usage (on stage and FOH) or, of course, in the studio. Suitably paired with an appropriate Android tablet or phone, the new H9 Control App offers the following functionality:

Instant access to over 500 presets, pushing the boundaries of delays, reverbs, pitch-shifting, modulation, and distortion.
Manage multiple parameters and instantly create new and unprecedented sounds using The Ribbon control.
Easily access Pedal Settings such as Tuner, MIDI Settings, Routing, and Aux Switch Mappings.
Manage and create unique sounds with the editor librarian.
Create hundreds of effects on the App and easily transfer them to the H9 Harmonizer®.
Create Preset Lists using the drag-and-drop feature.
Audition and purchase new effect algorithms via the built-in Store.
Compatible with Android 6+ (Marshmallow and newer), H9 Control is available for free via the Eventide website or the Google Play store: https://goo.gl/J7obNh

For more information please visit: http://www.eventideaudio.com/h9control

HAMERMAN409

Looking forward to giving HotSawz a try with a bass!

admin

New Eventide H9 Synth Algo: HotSawz

With six stackable sawtooth oscillators, three modulation sources, and four assignable destinations, HotSawz allows you to create a wide palette of sounds that run the gamut from classic synthwave to a pulsing panorama of bouncing blips, brassy swells, and sub-bass swagger.

The modulation sources include LFO, Envelope Follower, and Adjustable Gate, while the four assignable destinations are comprised of Filter Cutoff, Volume, Pitch and Oscillator Depth. Each modulation source can be assigned to any of these destinations at a given time. Thus, multiple sources can manipulate the same destination. There are 64 combinations of source to destination assignments, providing a vast landscape for serious experimentation.

Too spicy? Dial it back with the global Mix function and maintain some of your original tone. Not spicy enough? Transpose the oscillators up and/or down by one octave for that thick, analog synth sound. Create your own recipe for sonic satisfaction by sprinkling on a bit of HotSawz to excite your auditory taste buds!

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/installing-updates-and-new-algorithms-your-h9?mc_cid=37732c6bd9&mc_eid=80a0b4c966

admin

Piing

plexified

acousticglue

I look back at 2017 post of mine then look down at 2-H9 Max connected to my Helix. Would like an Axe FX unit too lol.

admin

mooncaine

If only it existed. Last Update 08th September 2021. I've been watching for a chance to buy one for years.