Presets on Antares ATG-1

Started by Robertc, December 18, 2015, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robertc

I just received a new ATG-1 and everything seems to be working as it should, however there aren't any presets (factory) as the 64 presets are blank with just default settings.. Is this the way the unit ships or should there be factory presets already loaded?
Thanks ... Robert

BBach

Mine came that way. I guess they figured that everybody would have their own individual preferences. The options are pretty straight forward. Also a magnetic pickup requires you to input the scale length, (globally)which would vary quite a bit from customer to customer. The soon to be released firmware update will allow settings for more than one guitar, kind of like the Vg series does.

Robertc

Thanks for the information... I think having presets would show what the device can do but I guess it is what it is... I'm using a piezo equipped Carvin with midi/synth 13 pin.. Now I'm having an issue with the String tune function, after turning on the unit  I have to push the footswitch several times before it works but even then not always correctly... sometimes it tunes to an alternate tuning or bass tuning. I may have to exchange it on Monday

BBach

I had a similar problem with the Ghost piezo system. I sort of got the hang of how hard to play the strings and how fast to stomp on the String Tune button in order to get the scoop that indicates the tuning function has engaged. Play with it a little more before making your decision. A GK magnetic pickup is a lot easier to get working with the unit.

whippinpost91850

I guess they figured no factory presets were better then bad ones like Roland's.. LOL

Robertc

Thanks for the help BBach .. I was strumming the strings with my fingers instead of a pick, now that I'm using a pick and better timing it seems to be working fine. By the way Sweetwater has these now for $499 .. a $200 price drop.. !

whippinpost91850

Double check But I believe the group buy here is less.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16603.msg118999#msg118999

MichiganMike

mine came blank as well, about six months ago.
Godin xtSA, 1978 Fender Telecaster, Martin XC1T, Gibson Dobro, Trailwood Acoustic Bass
TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Antares ATG-1, Boss GP-10, BeatBuddy,  Focusrite, MOTU, FL-Studio Producer (all licenses)