GR-55 - Output Mode, You have to try this :)

Started by Klaus, November 12, 2015, 01:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

Hi

Just got my GR-55 3 weeks ago and are quite happy with it.
I bought it together with a Fender/Roland GC1 GK ready guitar.
First day I was setting everything up as stated in the manual and every thing worked fine. Sounded great, not the factory ones but my own tweaked on (with the Floorboard Editor)

I had it connected to a Behringer USB mixer and some M-Audio studio monitors and the mixer is set to neutral. Many of the sounds are a little on the trebly side (don't know if that is a English word?) but ok, and very clear sound.

Today I got a new Keyboard Amp - Roland KC-350 and wow now it just sounded even better! So much more bottom it was great.
Remember I had it initial setup when I was using the mixer, so the output setting in System on the GR-55 was set to Line/Headphones and my new amp is a Combo amp so of course I should change System setting to that. There was not a lot difference but ok. Just for fun I tried to set the output to JC120 which is also a Combo amp but Rolands Jazz Chorus 120. Shiiiit it just sounded so much better, way more full sound on the guitar sounds and not near as trebly (Treble). Remember I was quite happy with the sound but now.......   If you guys haven't tried it, please just do it! It will maybe not do the same as for me depending on your setup but at least give it a chance. Also I would like to hear how it's going for you. I am so much more happy now with the GR-55.

Also, I can highly recommend the Roland KC350 amp, it is just great.   

imerkat

To each his own,
I play through a traynor K4, it has 5 speaker configuration and a good EQ. Changing the output mode just adds some EQ compensation which is great when your at a show and playing through some different type of amps. I used to have 2 Traynor k2's and i sold them for a single k4 which now I'm kicking myself because i lost that great stereo effect they had. I mostly use the GR-55 for the synth side so a flat output works best for me. I route the guitar out to a separate modeller but the guitar/amps always sounds better through a guitar oriented output

Klaus

So what output are you actually using for your setup?

imerkat

Headphone monitor output i'm not using any of the amps, just synth and guitar modeling