PRIMOVA - GK-13 - Codesmart's Excellent GK 13 pin Cables

Started by 2pods, December 31, 2014, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frummox

So where did you mount the GK-3 on the Ford Mustang? ;D Closest I came to a car like that was my old Mazda RX7. But living in the city made upkeep too expensive.

CodeSmart

Quote from: frummox on June 12, 2019, 08:13:04 AM
So where did you mount the GK-3 on the Ford Mustang? ;D Closest I came to a car like that was my old Mazda RX7. But living in the city made upkeep too expensive.
As you can see from the plates it was in the state of Hawaii (for one day only). I put the GK-3 on the exhaust pipe, but unfortunately it melted down...
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

CodeSmart

Got a new shipment...again..stock is full ;)

Quote from: CodeSmart on November 06, 2018, 10:37:26 PM
New batch of Primova GK cables arrived:
Limited number of cables of each:

0.5m S-S    12USD / 12EUR (EU)
1.0m S-S    14USD / 14EUR (EU)

0.5m A-A  New! 16USD / 16EUR (EU) (default 90deg, 270 deg, but can adjust angles to user need before shipping)
1.0m A-A  New! 20USD / 20EUR (EU) (default 90deg, 270 deg, but can adjust angles to user need before shipping)

3m S-S       24USD / 24EUR (EU)
3m S-A       24USD / 24EUR (EU) (90deg)
3m A-A       26USD / 26EUR (EU) (90deg, 90deg)

5m S-S       30USD / 30EUR (EU)
5m S-A       30USD / 30EUR (EU) (90deg)
5m A-A       32USD / 32EUR (EU) (90deg, 90deg)

10m S-A     60USD / 60EUR (EU)  (90 deg)

(Maybe not have time to respond the same day)
Payment method: PayPal

Prices excluding shipping cost.
Example shipping with tracking: Less than 1kg abt. 15USD / 15 EUR (EU)

To clarify the angles:
0 deg - This one would go straight up when plugged into GP-10/GR-55 (i.e. the cable goes where snap lock is, between pin 2&3)
90 deg - This one would go the right when plugged into GP-10/GR-55, or up when plugged into a Godin.
180 deg - This one would go down to into floor when plugged into GP-10/GR-55
270 deg - This one would go to the left when plugged into GP-10/GR-55 (i.e. -90 deg)

THESE IMAGES SHOW 90 DEG:

Mrs Smiths Mother

Hi there,

I'm after a 5m cable with (I THINK) one plug angled at '90 deg' and one plug angled at '270 deg'

I wish to plug the '90 deg' plug in my GP10 with the lead running away from the 1/4" jacks next to the 13 pin one, as in your pics, and the other '270 deg' facing upwards to my strap knob on my left handed guitar, so as to cable tie it to my strap knob for strength, as in one of the pics attached.

Do you have one in stock this configuration, or will it be a custom made one from the chap in the US to go to you in your next delivery?

My guitar is (was) an Ibanez RG370 heavily modded, repainted and extensively routed out to accommodate the 'fit it yourself' GK-3 pickup and gubbins.

I see you are in Sweden. I am in the Canary Islands. A couple of stupid questions... Will I be paying € for it, and will it be shipped from you to me or from the US to me?

Hopefully you are still doing them.

Cheers!

mczero

My angle cable just arrived. Thanks Robert. Excellent quality.
I had a moment of frustration when having plugged it in to the GC-1, it didn't want to come out. I think the sliding grip ring was rather stiff on mine. I finally figured out that if I press the back of the plug in while pulling the grip ring out, it slides up and allowed me to gently remove the plug. You probably could just pull hard on the grip ring and it would come away eventually, but I didn't want to risk that as I didn't know how it worked. Anyhow I suggest anyone ordering one should play with this ring and see how it works before plugging it in, so then it will be easy.
Thanks for the cable.
Cheers,
mczero
P.S. I was just reminded by my mate Gumbo that 2 weeks ago he told me:
"just practice operating the release mechanism a few times BEFORE you plug it into the Strat...they can be a bit stiff when new, and a pain to get the hang of..they ease up quickly though." Gulp! I forgot.
Does SA stand for Smart Ar5e or South Australia? I can never figure that out. ;)

gumbo

...I love the sound of a Penny dropping.....    ;D ;D
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Peter the GR-eat...

Been forever since I posted something.
But.
Yesterday I saw the new Robert Fripp rig run down
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/29599-rig-rundown-king-crimsons-robert-fripp

From rom the Axon AX 100 mkII there's an angled cable.
Is this one of yours?
I'm picturing advertising slogans
"Used by stars like Robert Fripp" and so on :)

CodeSmart

Quote from: Peter the GR-eat... on November 03, 2019, 08:19:06 AM
Been forever since I posted something.
But.
Yesterday I saw the new Robert Fripp rig run down
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/29599-rig-rundown-king-crimsons-robert-fripp

From rom the Axon AX 100 mkII there's an angled cable.
Is this one of yours?
I'm picturing advertising slogans
"Used by stars like Robert Fripp" and so on :)
Hej Peter,
Don't know. Sometimes professional guitar techs order gear for their clients.
Also there are other angled cables other than mine out there.

Peter the GR-eat...

Well, that's  close enough for wild speculations :)
Great Cables anyway!
All the best
Peter

kslight

When I try to go to the primova sound website for the last couple weeks i get a 403 forbidden error.  I thought maybe it was under maintenance but wanted to check and see if others are seeing the same error? 

gumbo

admin

Quote from: gumbo on December 31, 2019, 12:56:15 PM
Offline from Oz too...  :'(

We know his hand is damaged and needs time to mend.

He may be on a breif "doctors orders " hiatus

admin

Currently the best GK 13 cables are from
PrimovaSound GK 13 cables
http://www.primovasound.com/cables.html

Higher Quality, Excellent Right Angle GK 13 Plugs, and best prices , Fast Shipping - check inventory

Cable lengths and options
Type   Length   Connectors
GK05-SS   0.5m/1.6ft   Straight - Straight   
GK1-SS   1.0 m/3.3ft   Straight - Straight   
GK3-SS   3.0m/10ft   Straight - Straight   
GK3-SA   3.0m/10ft   Straight - Angled   
GK3-AA   3.0m/10ft   Angled - Angled   
GK5-SS   5.0m/17ft   Straight - Straight   
GK5-SA   5.0m/17ft   Straight - Angled   
GK5-AA   5.0m/17ft   Angled - Angled   
____________________________________________________________________________________

Gibby60

I would love to buy some, I emailed, but no response 

CodeSmart

cd666

Hi Guys! Im haveing issues with I think its 13 pin cable coz sometimes it doesnt recognize the low E string. Do You think thats the issue? I would like to change the cable, Primova its been recomended to me on FB page. Can you guys share your opinions please, what could be the issue and opinion about the Primova cable? Im useing one I got from Roland buying gr55. Thank You!

gumtown

Quote from: cd666 on May 05, 2020, 04:10:15 AM
Hi Guys! Im haveing issues with I think its 13 pin cable coz sometimes it doesnt recognize the low E string. Do You think thats the issue? I would like to change the cable, Primova its been recomended to me on FB page. Can you guys share your opinions please, what could be the issue and opinion about the Primova cable? Im useing one I got from Roland buying gr55. Thank You!

First try cleaning the GK cable pins, and the 13 pin sockets of guitar and GR-55, with a small spray of "deOxit" contact cleaner.

Primova GK cables are highly recommended ad more reliable than the Roland oes.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

cd666

Thank You! , need to find this detox somwhere, but still I would like to order a cable just in case. How to contact them?

gumbo

Quote from: cd666 on May 05, 2020, 05:36:24 AM
Thank You! , need to find this detox somwhere, but still I would like to order a cable just in case. How to contact them?

Contact Robert via

http://www.primovasound.com/

Peter

gearhound22

I was setting up levels for my Bass today and I noticed levels when the cable was disconnected from the bass!.....out of curiosity grabbed one of primovas and nothing! (the way it should be)

The first cable I think was a roland too! I noticed it picking up noise from the AC cable as well

So another thumbs up primova!!

CodeSmart

Just filled my GK cable inventory.
Got these available:

0.5m S-S    12USD / 12EUR (EU)
1.0m S-S    14USD / 14EUR (EU)

3m S-S       24USD / 24EUR (EU)
3m S-A       24USD / 24EUR (EU) (90deg)
3m A-A       26USD / 26EUR (EU) (90deg, 90deg)

5m S-S       30USD / 30EUR (EU)
5m S-A       30USD / 30EUR (EU) (90deg)
5m A-A       32USD / 32EUR (EU) (90deg, 90deg)

Angles may be tweaked on order. 0,90,180 or 270.

(Maybe not have time to respond the same day)
Payment method: PayPal

Prices excluding shipping cost.
Example shipping with tracking: Less than 1kg abt. 15USD / 15 EUR (EU)

To clarify the angles:
0 deg - This one would go straight up when plugged into GP-10/GR-55 (i.e. the cable goes where snap lock is, between pin 2&3)
90 deg - This one would go the right when plugged into GP-10/GR-55, or up when plugged into a Godin.
180 deg - This one would go down to into floor when plugged into GP-10/GR-55
270 deg - This one would go to the left when plugged into GP-10/GR-55 (i.e. -90 deg)

THESE IMAGES SHOW 90 DEG:

CodeSmart

Just added some print to my cable bags. Convenient, explanatory and looks better :D
If you see anyone calling something like this "MIDI-cable", don't buy!
I really know what I'm doing and these are great cables.

GuitarBuilder

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850