Electro Harmonix Does it Again: The Pitch Fork! [Bill Ruppert content]

Started by aliensporebomb, October 07, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovernorSilver

Quote from: Frank on October 30, 2014, 03:08:03 PM
Bill: Have you tried this with the output of an acoustic guitar/miced up acoustic/internal mic?

I'm looking to try it with acoustic viola, but I'm suspecting the acoustic notes could clash in a distracting manner with the pitch-shifted notes if you go 100% wet with this pedal.  So for "baritone viola", I think octave down would work, as well as 4th or 5th down.  But other intervals could get weird.

With a solid body electric guitar, the "real" notes are much more quiet in relation to the processed ones, so there's not as much distraction.

Looking forward to seeing Bill's answer to this question and the others posted.  8)

myksara

Ehx pitch fork or Digitech drop??
I need to be able to turn the guitar upto 4 semitones down or 5 semitones up.
no other fancy stuff needed.
This should be without latency on clean tones.
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

2pods

Can you use this to change your guitar to different keys to back a singer, using no dry sound at all ?

Forgive my ignorance. I'm a VG guy, it's for a pal
Fender G5 Strat, PRS SE Santana/w TriplePlay

Rhcole

Yes on changing the guitar key to back a singer. There is a very small amount of latency and the farther away from your original tuning you move the less natural it sounds, just like every other pitch-shifter.

But it's very functional.

2pods

Fender G5 Strat, PRS SE Santana/w TriplePlay