Roland Internal GK-Kit-GT3 @ Andertons UK - (75 British pounds) or $135.03

Started by Headless68, May 09, 2014, 05:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamlee011

Quote from: billv055 on May 06, 2020, 04:02:32 PM
In April Anderton's kept showing out of stock with next delivery due at the end of the month.  I placed an order a few days before the end date, and they sent me one!   I haven't installed it yet, it is going into a new kit build I received just before everything shut down.
no kidding? I would have tried but I didn't want to have my money tied up. They keep pushing the date like 5 days. I've been checking. The only site in the states that has, or did as of like 2 days ago, is reverb and they want the full US price.

adamlee011

Ah well I paid a few bucks for piece of mind. Didn't cost me as much as it could have. Don't know why I didn't call them. I called Canada to verify. I guess because it said out of stock.

mos6507

I went back to the Andertons link and it showed 4 kits in stock.  I ordered two ;)

Total cost for two kits plus shipping (assuming google's exchange rate is correct) was only 150.66 pounds ($192.62)!  What a bargain!

Get one while you can.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/roland-gk3-internal-pickup-kit-%28for-use-with-roland-guitar-synths%29-gkkitgt3
Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: mos6507 on September 13, 2020, 01:40:19 PM
I went back to the Andertons link and it showed 4 kits in stock.  I ordered two ;)

Total cost for two kits plus shipping (assuming google's exchange rate is correct) was only $150.66!  What a bargain!

Get one while you can.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/roland-gk3-internal-pickup-kit-%28for-use-with-roland-guitar-synths%29-gkkitgt3

Yes, that is £150.65 or $192.61.  It is indeed a very good deal.
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

mos6507

Thanks, corrected my post.  Still an amazing deal for 2 considering a single kit is $349.99 at Sweetwater.
Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

gumbo

...yes, and at the rate that Roland is NOT doing things at the moment, it might just be very advisable to grab whatever stock is still around..   :o

..sigh....
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

adamlee011

The Canadian shop I got mine from (scroll up a bit for the name) had just gotten a shipment when literally everywhere else was out of stock. Still way cheaper than anywhere in the US, if you can even find one here. At least there are a couple options now. I was worried I'd be waiting a year to get a kit for this guitar. All I'm waiting on now is a custom 13 pin jack from Peter. Waiting for Australian post to go back to normal. From gumbo 👆 actually. Lol. Was looking for your screen name and it was right above me.

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

mos6507

By cheap alternatives you mean someone cloning the PCB?  That's something I was hoping to see emerge for a long time, something where you can just find a cheap used GK2/3 used (of which I hoarded several right before the SY-1000 came out when I thought 13-pin was completely dead) and plug that into the PCB.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

gumbo

Quote from: mos6507 on September 17, 2020, 05:21:29 PM
By cheap alternatives you mean someone cloning the PCB?  That's something I was hoping to see emerge for a long time, something where you can just find a cheap used GK2/3 used (of which I hoarded several right before the SY-1000 came out when I thought 13-pin was completely dead) and plug that into the PCB.

;)

mos6507

Dude, if you do that, make a better Graphtech Ghost preamp as well while you're at it.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

mooncaine

mos, I dunno if you and I are thinking of the same thing, but: I wish I could detach the Roland GK wart as easily as unplugging it, and maybe just own one or two, instead of having a wart on every guitar. If the wart and pickup were separate modules, my guitars would fit in their d---- cases, too.

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on October 03, 2020, 06:30:45 PM
mos, I dunno if you and I are thinking of the same thing, but: I wish I could detach the Roland GK wart as easily as unplugging it, and maybe just own one or two, instead of having a wart on every guitar. If the wart and pickup were separate modules, my guitars would fit in their d---- cases, too.

Make an 8 pin inline quick disconnect

arkieboy

Quote from: gumbo on September 19, 2020, 08:01:12 AM

;)

Gumbo, if you're doing something in this area, I need to know!!

I'm about to have a bitsa Strat with a GK-Kit built for me as soon as spring brings some guitar spraying weather ...

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

mooncaine

Quote from: admin on October 03, 2020, 08:08:00 PM
Make an 8 pin inline quick disconnect
Somebody who does good work, like gumbo, should do that. Not me.

gumbo

Quote from: mooncaine on October 04, 2020, 11:01:05 PM
Somebody who does good work, like gumbo, should do that. Not me.

Ha!  ..thank you...
I think that would then make about 21 different products...
...ok, I'll have a think about it... ::) :-*

adamlee011

I have a spare gk3 wart without the pickup if anybody could use it. I had to borrow the pickup for an internal kit I managed to damage a coil on.

dfalck

I inquired with Andertons on October 25th and they informed me that they couldn't sell the GK-Kit-GK3 to people in the USA.
Here is part of the email exchange:

"Our apologies but we have been made aware that we are unable to ship Roland products to the US.

They have territorial restrictions in place which mean we cannot freely ship their products."

VG/synth gear:
Fishman Tripleplay Connect, GK-2,GK-3,GK-5,GP-10, GT1000 Core, SY-1000, GM-800, Morningstar MC8, iPad with AUM and AUV3 plugins.

chrish

Quote from: dfalck on November 17, 2022, 08:32:13 PMI inquired with Andertons on October 25th and they informed me that they couldn't sell the GK-Kit-GK3 to people in the USA.
Here is part of the email exchange:

"Our apologies but we have been made aware that we are unable to ship Roland products to the US.

They have territorial restrictions in place which mean we cannot freely ship their products."

confirmed both UK companies will no longer ship to the US. As admin stated, fun while it lasted.

I'm guessing that US companies are starting to catch on that prices are often way cheaper overseas.

The Dreadbox Nymphes is $599 from most online stores in the U.S. (perfect circuit recently lowered it to 499) and $389 Shipped to the U.S. from the UK.

The question is why are prices higher here in the US?

mrz80

Quote from: chrish on November 17, 2022, 09:43:24 PMThe question is why are prices higher here in the US?

It's hypothetically to pay for the US warranty support apparatus. Hypothetically.
Jesus freak, guitarist, luthier, bicyclist, ham (WA4UF)...
Turning every scrap of wood in the garage into Les Pauls, Telecasters, and 12 strings